Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sunday - January 22, 2006

It's really cold out at night. I'm more for using "piddle pads" when it gets like this. Today, me and Mom slept in until probably 9:30 in the morning. We both coughed some when we woke up, probably because of the air being so icy last night. After breakfast, Mom took me out back on my leash. Yahoo....I DO love that grass. Yikes, though. It looked ok, but it crunched under my feet and my toes turned blue. That's called "frost", Mom says. I decided to say a brief "good morning" to the lawn in my own special way, and then I raced back into the house, dragging Mom on the other end of my leash. She looks so funny in her pink and purple flip-flops and her purple bathrobe flapping away when she's trying to keep up with me.

Mom finally figured out that for absolutely certain I don't like those "treats" that Miss Lynne said to give me. I will do my lessons, but Mom has to use string cheese. I will do just about anything for string cheese. So I will "come", "sit", "down", "stay", "wait" and not even go near the cheese until Mom says "ok". Then I practically inhale it and wait for the next trick. See? It's all about compromise. This way, we both get what we want and everybody is happy, especially me! Gosh, I just absolutely love that cheese. :o)

I have finally gotten Mom to raise the blinds next to our front door so I can see who is coming and going on our street. I can also see that RUDE cat when he tries to take a nap by our bush. So far, though, he just lifts an eyebrow at me and goes back to sleep. We'll see about that. I have moved all my toys to the place under the window, too. The sun comes through and it's a really nice place for a morning siesta. That's Spanish for "nap".

There are some kids in my class who speak Spanish. They are chihuahuas. There's PeeWee, Layla, Snoopy and Garrett Anderson (who are half chihuahua) and my boyfriend, Sandy, but I think he's starting to like Dizzle better than me. Dizzle and I look pretty much the same from our backsides and Sandy started nuzzling up to Dizzle. When Dizzle saw who was being fresh with him, he snapped at Sandy and Sandy snapped back at him. I ran off to play with Bella and Cooper, and next thing you know Dizzle and Sandy were getting pretty chummy. I just don't understand boys at all. I think I'll just stay single.

Have a happy day, everybody.

Love, Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Mary Margaret. This is your pen-pal Sarabi. Well if you think frost is cold just wait until you experience snow! And at least you can still SEE the grass! I love to sit and watch who is coming and going too. We have a huge window in the front of our house and if I sit at the top of the stairs between our dining room and living room, I get a great view.
I don't have any buddies who speak Spanish, but my Nana who lives in England has a greyhound from Italy so I guess he speaks Italian. I have never met him, but my 'Mum' has and she says he is really beautiful. I know he is HUGE though. He used to be a race dog in Italy and his name is Pallino. My Nana adopted him when he retired from racing.
Anyway I think it's time for me to take one of those 'siesta's'. It can be quite exhausting keeping an eye on everything.
I hope you have a great Sunday.
Love Sarabi