Monday, January 16, 2006

Mary-Margaret gets serious

Things I know already and practice them all the time: Sit, Stay, No, Down, Get the Ball, Bring it Back! I admit that sometimes I pretend I don't hear my Mom, but really I'm just testing her. She's pretty stubborn. I meet Lynne, my trainer, tomorrow. I'm supposed to be really hungry when I work with her. I suppose that means no breakfast for me. Rats.

I am very social. I absolutely love meeting and sniffing new people. Mom worries about me, but I'm pretty good at taking care of myself. Today she dropped my lead when we got out of the car and I saw just the nicest bunch of people you'd ever want to meet. So I took off like a shot through the parking lot, leash trailing behind, and I ran lickety-split right over the these big folks. The way I figure is this: A stranger is just a friend you haven't licked yet. Anyway, Mom called out to these people to please grab my leash. Oh, I mean...that is SOOO embarrassing. Like I'm not going anywhere. I just want to sniff them, and kiss them. I think I was born to be a "Cheer-puppy". I make people smile even when they don't want to. This is my calling....my destiny. I know it in my heart.

Mom says the most important thing to her is that I learn not run off. She's very protective of me and even makes me be on my leash in our very own back yard. There are hawks, and eagles, and owls. They fly so high in the sky and don't even make a noise. Sometimes they circle right over me and Mom grabs me. Like she thinks maybe they want to invite me to lunch or something. Except I would be the main course. So she wants Lynne to teach me to stand right by her and not run away. I know she means well, but I'm a puppy on a mission. It's my duty to make friends and to cheer people up, and to make this world a better place. This thing tomorrow with Lynne should be very interesting. I have so much to teach her. I can't wait.

No comments: