Saturday, April 28, 2007

Bees in the Trees

The slider was closed and I couldn't get out my little doggie door. I went and tormented Mom and finally, after I made her say, "Ow OW OWWWW, Mary-Margaret", she came downstairs. I have to paw her legs really hard sometimes to get her attention. I don't like to hurt her but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, you know? Uh oh. She stops right at the glass door and says, "NOOOO, Mary-Margaret. There's a swarm of bees by the tree!".

Like, what do I know about bees? But she picks me up and shows me. All I see are little black dots buzzing around the plum tree. Kind of like a cloud. "Nope. You wait 'til they go!". So I did. And she went into the garage to put the laundry in the dryer. "!#$!@%#@", she says. And she calls the repairman, and then the appliance store. I think we get a new washing machine. She says this one lasted about as long as her marriage, so it was a pretty good washer for the money.

After listening to her moan and groan about having to spend more money, the bees were gone. Heck, I'd have left too if my doggie door wasn't blocked. Good timing, though. There was a really weird looking kitty waiting for me. Sorta white with a splotch of gray, and one of brown, and some black...but mostly white. Too bad the camera was upstairs. I chased it out of the yard.

So much for my Saturday. How was yours?

Love,

Mary-Margaret

No comments: