Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Yorkie Man, the Compressor & Puppy School

The SEARS guy finally gets to my house at 3:30PM....without a compressor. My mom gets a bit pink, says a couple of magic words which I won't repeat and says "WHY WOULD YOU COME TO FIX MY REFRIGERATOR WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR"?? He tells her it's because HE didn't decide it needed a compressor and those are too bulky to carry around all day.

I tried to be friendly to him because he DID say he had a Yorkie named "Toby" so I figured he must be ok, but Mom was having none of that. She insisted on holding me the whole time he was there. So I didn't get to hide any of his tools like I do with Bob.

After a bit, Mr. Hotshot repair guy finally says "It's the compressor", and puts in an order. He tells Mom she might get it by Monday next week, and he can't schedule a return trip to repair the thing until the compressor is delivered to our house. Mom gets on the phone with Sears Repair Center (which is NOT an answering service like Mr. Hotshot said), and they told her they would send it priority overnight. If all goes well, it should be here tomorrow or Saturday. He also told Mom that she and everone should own TWO refrigerators. "Why?", she asked? "Because if one goes out, you'll have another", he said.

So that's how I got to go to Puppy School today. See? Things work out when you least expect them to. Mom was so mad at SEARS she called Sonia and said she was going to take me to Puppy School to "put things into perspective". And after Puppy School, we bought an ice chest and two huge bags of ice.

It'll all work out, I'm sure.

Love, Mary-Margaret

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah Poor Mary Margaret and her Mom. Aren't Sears Repair Guys the worst. I've never seen my mom as upset as the day her brand new dishwasher started spewing suds all over her newly renovated kitchen and was SOOOOO frustrated with the service Sears was offering.

Good luck with the hopefully soon to be fixed fridge.

Shannon

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

M-M,

When Mom read that the Sears guy was coming to your house, it reminded her of our June 26 post when the Sears guy came to our house. It was not a pretty picture. We think your experience is even worse than ours!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy