Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Highs and Lows of my Life


The Highs: Last week, Star (my best friend besides Sarabi) got me and her matching collars. They are pink with faux diamonds. It's way cool. And I layer my wardrobe because that's so stylish these days. So I wear TWO collars. A dark pink one, and my new one from Star. Also, getting my very own "pouch" so me and Auntie Leslie can send stuff back and forth to each other, and getting oodles of boxes just for shredding. It was a very good week last week.

The Lows: FINALLY getting Mom to take me to Saturday Puppy School after weeks of not going (she says I'm too grown up for that now) and getting there and finding a NOTE on the gate saying Saturdays are now from 8:00AM to 9:00AM instead of 4:00PM to 5:00PM. Miss Megan was in the back with April, a crabby Bichon Frise, and I was crying so hard from disappointment that she held me for just a moment. I sobbed all the way back into town until we got to Mary Shaima's office. Then she gave me lots of love. But still, I was absolutely SOOO sad about missing Puppy School.

Oh, and also Miss Letty and Dr. Hill sold their practice to Dr. Bach. Which is ok because I love her and Dr. Kaylor and Dr. Verreault ever so much, but I will miss Miss Letty terribly. I didn't even get a chance to kiss her goodbye. If she reads this I want her to know how very special she was to me. I will always have a warm place in my little heart reserved just for her.

What I remember most about Miss Letty: She had a laugh that made everybody laugh along with her. And she had a way of making each pup feel like they were her favorite. She always knew when someone needed some special attention. And she also had a way about her so that if a pup was misbehaving she could set it straight without humiliation. Of course, I NEVER misbehaved so I only speak from observation, not experience. (coff coff) Miss Leticia was like a burst of sunlight and happiness whenever she was around. I know we'll all miss her. My Mom says she will miss her, too.

So here's me keeping close to Mom and sleeping on her desk while she plays bridge. It's just a thing we do at night before bedtime. I just love my Mom so very much. She knows how to balance the highs and the lows better than anyone I know.

Kisses to all, Mary-Margaret

No comments: