Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I want OVERTIME


I just want to make it perfectly clear. I don't mind working but come 5:00PM, as far as I'm concerned, it's QUITTING time. I can tell time. Really, I can. So I sit by the door and try to convey my thoughts to Mom and Sonia. They LAUGH at me.

OK, FINE! So I drag my empty water dish over to Mom's desk and point. And she fills it. I had a couple of slurps and then I dumped it. I figured she'd get the idea, but NOOO. She got a paper towel instead to sop up the water and kept on working. I shredded it and made a gawd-awful mess. Does she stop? Do I get to leave? I think not! Instead, I get called names like "Bad Puppy!". Well, I hate to break it to you, but "bad puppy" is getting REALLY HUNGRY!!

So then I started "talking" to her. "Rrrooowrr", I said. "Ah..wwwooooorrrr..aaah", I said. She laughs, and says "Oh, you want to go home?". Well, no duh, I said back. And she promised me. "Just a minute...I just have to finish this one thing", and so finally, at 7:15PM waaaaaay past suppertime, and just about bed time, we leave.

I know...I know. She makes sure I don't forget about her "responsibilities to our clients". It's not like I had a choice, here. I just go where I'm taken. But I don't have to pretend to like it...you know?

She picks me up and we climb into the car and come home for supper. I got to get in a bit of big game hunting. My "safari", I call it. But I think I've put the fear of God into those cats. They tend not to be so snooty and arrogant now that they know I'm a guardian of all that lays between the cedar fence.

Exhaustedly yours,

Mary-Margaret

No comments: