Thursday, August 17, 2006

Presents to Mom

(That's me in the middle to the right of the bush)

I scout, I explore and I hunt in MY backyard. I seriously look for stuff to give my mother to show her how much I love her. This morning I hit the jackpot. There was this really HUGE snail and it wasn't even wiggling. As a matter of fact, only half it's innards were still intact, plus it had other little "accessories" crawling on it. Wow, I thought. Now there's something you don't see every day.

I had to go out THREE times to find the right treasure and I finally selected the one I wanted. So I brought it in and put it right down on the floor. Right next to her big leather chair. I sat by with patient anticipation, waiting for her to discover my gift, and then to smother me with kisses and hugs of appreciation. And what did I get? Hmmmmm?

"EEEEEYYYYEEEEWWWWW, Mary-Margaret. Ugh...blegh. That is absolutely dis-GUSTING!! YUCK!! UGH!!"

I guess she just didn't see the all the thought and consideration that went into my gift, nor the love I had hoped to express to her. My feelings were hurt and I climbed upstairs to pout in my hidey-hole. See if I EVER go shopping for her again. Won't. Not ever. NEVER...Nope. That's it.

Unappreciated and unloved....

Mary-Margaret O'Brien

4 comments:

Jojo said...

enjoy reading daily happening on Mary. You are such a lovely doggie and well trained since young. We have dedicate a page for your visit to my blog at :
http://jojothemalaysianmongrel.blogspot.com/
pls stay in touch. We appreciate friendship!

Anonymous said...

MM, your mom needs to raise your allowance. She really does appreciate gifts, things like steak dinners, real estate, and almost ANYTHING on the Home Network and other shopping TV & Internet sites. My mom told me. My mom just works all the time, she's REALLY hard to shop for. All she appreciates is me NOT jumping on her, chewing on her stiff, and like that. You're lucky, your mom is easy to shop for, if she'd just give you some money.

Sparky

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

M-M,

Your mom just doesn't appreciate the finer things in life. Don't blame her for not having the sensitivity of a dog. We are a higher species, you know. Forgive her and let her know you still love her.

Roxie
(the boys think your mom missed out on a great gift and aren't ready to forgive her.)

MJ's doghouse said...

my sister cat....old and crabby poshton....used to bring my mommy nice presents ...mommy said she brought lots of mice and baby hedgehogs when they lived in europe..mommy used to scream...poshton said she quit cuz it turned out to be a waste of her effort...i guess mommy looses out...