Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Something about Mary.....

Last Monday Mom was reading my friend Flossy's blog and I wanted her to share it with you. There is a beautiful black labrador retriever pictured there together with this very sad, but thought-provoking, poem. Please read it? For me? For Flossy? And for all the little doggies in the world who aren't as lucky as we are?

A Poem for Mary

Thank you. We are lucky pups to have our parents, brothers and sisters, and friends. I shouldn't complain about having to work overtime. I really shouldn't complain at all. I just like to lay guilt on my mom sometimes to entertain myself.

Let's get together and do something productive to help those furbabies who aren't as fortunate as we are!

Love, Mary-Margaret

3 comments:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey M-M,

Yep, when mum read Mary's poem, she got pretty upset - especially as Mary looked alot like me :-( I am grateful everyday to have my mum and dad in my life - I only wish all doggies were as lucky as we all are.

Love
Opy

Anonymous said...

Hi MM
It is a very sad poem. I read it last week as well. I hope someday there won't be poems in memory of dogs like Mary. Until than I'll do what I can for those doggies that don't have what you do.
Shannon

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

We are so lucky to have Mom and Dachshund Rescue. If it wasn't for Dachshund Rescue, we would be gone forever instead of getting love in our forever home. Poor Mary and poor any dog or cat who isn't loved. That's why Mom donates to Dachshund Rescue, so they can take babies from the SPCA and the SPCA can have room to help other babies.

Sammy & Andy
Roxie has always had a forever home here.