Sunday, August 20, 2006

Aaaaaaauuuggghhh!! Home Alone!!

She left at about 10:15AM or thereabouts. She says to me, "Mary-Margaret, I'm going to see Grandma, and I'll be back in a little bit". I should know by now that "little bit" means all day? Ya think?

So I waited and waited and WAITED. She gets home maybe about 5:30PM. According to MY watch, that's more than SEVEN hours. Seven hours, I tell YOUUUUU! But I was pretty good. Not perfect, but almost. :o)

Mom said my Grandma was sitting up in a wheel chair having lunch but wasn't really hungry. She's not eating much because it gives her tummy grumblies. Mom asked the nurse if they were measuringing her liquid intake/output (whatever that means) and telling the doctor how much Grandma eats. The nurse, Irene, is very nice and caring. When she found out that Grandma wasn't eating and Grandpa was helping her, she brought in some vanilla ice cream and promised Mom that she'd bring Grandma a "shake" about 2:00PM.

Grandma now has Mom's lap top computer so she can play games on it. Grandma likes "Freecell" which is played with cards. Mom also took her a bag of ripe plums from our tree for sharing with Grandpa.

When Mom left Grandma she called my Auntie Vicki and they decided to meet at "The Pantry" on 9th & Figueroa. Mom says it's a really old place that is like an LA Landmark. They had an early dinner to belated celebrate Auntie Vicki's birthday. But you know who got the present? MEEEE! A "greenie". Of my very own. Not a "Greenie" greenie, but a Trader Joe's thingy that looks like a green bone. Oh my goodness, I will really enjoy that at work tomorrow. Thank you, Auntie Vickie.

I gave Mom a lot of lovin' when she got home and I had a whole half breast of chicken. Then I went out for a bit to do some serious air sniffing. I like it best when it cools down a bit, just before the sun sets, and there's a tiny breeze. I get the very best smells then.

I sure hope my Grandma gets to feeling better soon. She thinks she might have to stay in the convalescent home for another twenty days. That's really a long "little bit". Really, it is!!

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: