Saturday, August 26, 2006

Hide & Seek

OK OK....I know I said "good-bye" already, but I figured what the heck? I have to spend FOUR WHOLE DAYS at my "retreat", why not have one last fling? I mean, I ask YOUUUU....wouldn't you do it?

Mom lets me out for my early morning toilette. Usually I just do my stuff and come back in. Today I decided to explore the slope but when she called me in, I hid. Oh boy, did that feel good. She went through her whole bag of tricks, including "cutting off my allowance", and "Grandma's on the phone" (that worked yesterday when she got desperate), and her last resort of "I'm LEAVING", and "cheeeeeese??". Oh boy, was I cracking up.

Finally, she comes charging across the back yard which is still pretty wet from the night before, in her nightgown and bare feet. I'm just sitting there in the mud...deet dee doo....(hee hee) and I take off when she's like a couple of feet from me. Next, I go to the side of the house and she does her stuff all over again, only this time she adds slamming the door to the garage and saying "bye bye" to me. So I go and sit by the sprinkler and just grin at her.

You know what worked? "Chicken, Mary-Margaret!". I have my breaking point, and I can be bought. Well? Can't everyone? So I figure I'd best let the lady off the hook and race into the house, lickety-split. She slams the slider shut, glares at me, and (Good Old Mom!, bless her little heart!) true to her word, she goes and gets me a piece of chicken. Just a little piece, but at least I can trust her to do what she says. Except for the allowance thing. That still smarts. Until I get one, she can't take it away, right?

That was the very best early morning sniff-a-thon I'd been on in my WHOLE life.

OK...that's it for now. I'll feel the guilt later....maybe.

Love ya...

MMO'B - The Dog with the Blog

No comments: