Thursday, July 05, 2007

Sharing My Pennsylvania

We got the recliner put together and it's not working well. Fortunately, QVC has an excellent return policy. When Mom explained that it only reclined and would NOT go back to a chair, they said that if she'd put it back in the box, they'd have UPS pick it up. Problem is that it won't fold back up. So QVC said to break it if she had to, they didn't care. Just get it back in the box however she could. We think we need some help here. But it'll go back and all our money is refunded.
Here's what I like to do now that I have a recliner. The high back is everly so soft and comfy, making window gazing a very nice past time. This makes it seem like home. Too bad it's going back, but Nathan's in Pottsville has really good prices and Kathy (the sales lady) is really helpful. They have beautiful furniture there are very nice prices. This might work out for the best.
Here's our bedroom. We got a Serta sheep as an extra bonus. I thought maybe it would be for me, but no. Mom says it's hers and she bought me a stuffed raccoon instead. I'm ok with that. The sheep doesn't even squeak.
Here's what I see outside my back door. See why I like it so much? I can just sit there and say "Hi" to all the little forest creatures as they whiz on by. The chipmunks must have gone on vacation. We haven't seen them today. Or the ground hog family. Maybe they've moved on? I hope so. We've got some pretty big holes going under our porch. We'll try mothballs and see if that works.
Here's looking up the slope to the left of our house. It's heavily wooded and really soothing to look at. If it were up to me I'd go on an expedition, but I'm not allowed to explore. Not yet, anyway, and I don't think I'll ever get out without taking Mom with me.
This picture shows the back yard heading to the right of our house. See how thick the woods are? We have deer and wild turkey, and other assorted critters besides the ones I've mentioned so far. Just listening to the different birds and animals is fun for me.

We've also had rain and thunder and lightening. Didn't bother me a bit. I just sat in Mom's lap and cuddled. Thunderstorms are good for cuddling, I think. We even went out onto our porch and it was so relaxing we both fell asleep. I think I like this vacation, and I can't wait for the next one.

Mom says she's glad she found heaven before she got there the hard way. She's everly so happy and that makes me happy too.

Love, Mary-Margaret

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

I love the blanket on the bed. It's pretty cool! You've got a pretty nice house

Sparky

The Leskiw Gang said...

Hiya Mary Margaret,
It's me Maggie Rose. I am sorry it has been awhile since we talked. I miss you lots and lots.

Paws & Kisses,
Maggie Rose

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Hi M-M,

Gosh it's been a long time since we stopped by. So much has been happening with you and your mom! Your vacation home looks lovely. It reminds us of the place where our mom is buildingus a new house! Lots of trees and open space. We'll try to be a better friend and come back more often. Not sure what kept us away ...

Roxie, Sammy & Andy