Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Mary-Margaret, Apprentice Appliance Repair Dog

Amazing! Our refrigerator has been piddling on our kitchen floor for THREE days. Mom even shut off the ice maker and the water valve in the wall and it STILL piddled. So she called "Bob The Repair Man". He's everly so nice and he was teaching me all about appliance repairs. He was right in the middle of showing me where the water was coming from and how to fix it when Mom snuck up with her camera.

It was ok, though. I'd pretty much gotten the idea. Plus he even let me play with his Mag light for a bit. Pretty soon, we realized that we had a pretty special connection.

He'll be back on Friday to put in the new valve. I hope he'll let me help again.

Mom says that her big bargain Kenmore refrigerator has dumped on her big time at least once a year from the time she got it three years ago. She's kinda mad at herself because if she'd paid just a couple of hundred more, she could have gotten a Maytag that would last forever. Personally, I'm happy she didn't. I have a lot of fun with Bob.

Love, Mary-Margaret

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Maytag fridge nearly caused a divorce for my mom and dad! It was the worst thing we ever had. The repair guy was out once a month. If dad could have picked it up and thrown it out the door, he would have. Maytag does not make good fridges. We now haave a great Kenmore (which is made by Whirlpool) and the marriage is good again! Hang in.
Love, Ozzie

Lucie said...

Hi Mary Margaret,
Good Job! I like supervising the job so it gets well done!
I'll be waiting for the air conditioning repair man. It's been piddling after 5 hours. Would it be a global warming side effect? Lucie