Saturday, July 14, 2007

Mary-Margaret, Tracker and Hunter

It's my job to protect my mom and my home from intruders. Today, I spied something out of the corner of my eye and immediately began stalking it. Head lowered and senses alert, I tracked it over to the fireplace and then pointed.

"Whatcha doin', Mary-Margaret?", my mom asked me. "Shhhh....", I said. "You need to come look at this!" She came over and moved the log holder a bit to the right. Even without her glasses on she could see the problem. "Hang on a sec, Mary-Margaret", she said as she ran into the bathroom. She returned with her hand full of toilet paper and she slammed the wad on top of my prey , grinding him into the mortar between the bricks. She picked up the remains and flushed them away.

"Good job, Mary-Margaret!", she said. I would have shown you a picture except it would have been maybe only a leg or two, if even that. I found this one on the internet for you instead. This is what my spider looked like before it got smushed.

Have a great day!

Mary-Margaret "Bwana" O'Brien

1 comment:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mary Margaret.
Nice to meet you!
Thanks for coming to visit my blog. I hope we can be friends.
You did a great job with that spider. Sure your mom is proud of you!
Have a good night
Lorenza