Monday, July 23, 2007

My personal shame!

Hello! My name is Mary-Margaret and I have...(gasp)...fleas. FOUR of them as of this morning. I was SOOOO ashamed. I felt as if my life was coming to a grinding halt from an unexpected and uninvited affliction that was NOT my fault. But I told my close friends, and they comforted me and they gave me courage to face my problem and to conquer it.

By literally coming out of the closet and confessing my shame, I found that I wasn't alone. Even better, I was given several ideas to rid myself of my deep, dark secret and become cured and whole again. Ultra Palmolive Anti-Bacterial Crisp Cucumber Melon Spring Sensations concentrated dish liquid not only killed all four fleas, but it left my hair everly so soft and manageable. Next, on our agenda, we are concocting a flea discouraging rinse comprised of fresh lemon and fresh rosemary steeped in hot water, to be applied immediately after my apple cider vinegar rinse.

Even the teller at the bank commented on my shiny hair. I'm glad I confessed my personal shame to my dearest friends. They also once shared the same affliction and overcame it ... as I shall, too. We are not alone as long as we have our friends.

Fragrantly (and appetizingly) yours...

Mary-Margaret

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

Ahhh! Fleas! Terrible little guys. It hurts when they bite!

I hope you can get rid of them soon, I feel your pain!

Sparky

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

Aw M-M, sorry to hear about the fleas, don't be ashamed! I have a little garlic powder in my food most day, that seems to keep the little critters at bay.

Licks
Oscar x

Anonymous said...

I'm allergic to flea medicine, and anyway my mom doesn't like the idea of putting poison on me.

Trader Joe's makes a most delicious smelling (although not manly) dish soap with real lavender and tea tree oil. Both herbs repel fleas, are great for skin and coat, and keep the fleas away until my next bath.

Sparky