Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Auntie Leslie's Milkbone treats!

The pouch man brought our bag straight to me today. He must have looked inside and saw the envelope addressed: "Attn: M. M. O'Brien". I saw the white envelope and the black letters right away and I just KNEW. Mom opened it up and there was a whole box of flavored Milkbone for just me, Mary-Margaret O'Brien. JUST ME!! Oh, and Auntie Leslie wrote a letter but Mom had to read it to me: "Abandoned for a PINEAPPLE (sniff). Do what I do and EAT yourself into oblivion".

Not sure where oblivion is yet, but I just came straight out and stared at Mom with my big puppy eyes and she said "OK, Mary-Margaret. Think of it as "camp". You'll be gone for a week and have lots of fun, and then I'll come pick you up!". I'm happy but I'm sad. I'm glad to see Uncle Rudy and everybody, but I'm sure going to miss my mom. Mom looks pretty sad, too. Tonight she told me that she misses me already and I'm not even gone yet.

I've been everly so good today to show her that I will be missing her too. She's going to ask Auntie Colleen and Uncle Jason to help me with my blog for a while so she can keep up on what I'm doing. I even packed a sweater and a vest that I've outgrown so Papa John can give it to Peanut, if it fits her. My pajamas still fit me just fine and so do most of my other clothes. Mom thought I grew more than I did. Rudy has a surprise coming!!

I think I want to get Mom to go to bed early and maybe cuddle a bit. It is our last night together before I leave for "camp" (rolling eyes). Maybe I should take my "fort" and just accidently forget to bring it back home. Silly grown-ups have funny names for things, don't they?

Love and kisses, heart full of misses --

Mary-Margaret O'Brien

No comments: