Saturday, March 04, 2006

Benelli is SUCH a Gentleman...er...GentleDOG!

All puppy school, for almost the whole hour, "Peaches" kept following me around. That's ok with me, except he kept grabbing me around my waist...(ok, where my waist would be if I had one), and I had to keep telling him, over and over, "...Don't DO that. I'm NOT that kind of girl. Really, I'm NOT!......", but he kept it up.

Finally, Benelli spied Peaches harrassing me. Now, I don't know if you remember me talking about Benelli "Just call me Ben" Hill, but he's a Border Collie type. So anyway, he takes this really huge paw and puts it between Peaches and me. Then it gets REALLY good. All the moms and dads were laughing so hard. But Benelli, who is HUGE, started doing the same thing to Peaches, who is a little Fox Terrier, and not much bigger than a long legged chihuahua. Peaches kept ducking under chairs, and Benelli would duck right under with him. Then Peaches tried running away, but Benelli is much faster, and would catch Peaches every time. Mom says "What goes around, comes around", but I didn't know what that meant until today. Boy, Peaches sure got a double dose of what he was giving me. And he didn't like it one bit.

There were a couple of new kids there: Stewie - a rat terrier maybe, and Nico - a pit bull. Jessie, a cocker spaniel, was racing and accidently smashed into Benelli, who was racing the other way. She just cried so hard that even the Doctor looked at her but she was ok and played some more after she recovered.

Java and Jody (Sheltie and Chesapeake Bay Retriever) were there for their second class. Of us older kids, PeeWee the chihuahua was there, but that's about it. Oh, and Dolly, another Yorkie, was there. She's sure feisty and she really knows how to talk to those big dogs. She's got more spunk than I do, and she moves pretty fast. We're pretty good friends and we hang out together for part of the class, usually either racing about or tusseling under a chair.

I spent some time in my "fort" this morning. Mom seemed pleased, but actually I was just rescuing my teddy bear. Teddy is now on the landing where he should be. I can't see any good reason to go back into that thing unless there's something good in it. I just don't see why I have to have a ...a...cage! Really I don't!

G'night. I'm tired. Peaches wore me out.

Love, Mary-Margaret

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Margaret
Greetings from England! This is Sarabi's Mum. I have been spending the day at my brother's and I decided to catch up with you. I see you've been up to quite a lot since I've been gone. I miss you all SO much but I am really enjoying my visit with my family. You and Sarabi have been having quite a few discussions recently I see. I hope you learn to love your 'fort' (is that what you call it?), just as much as Sarabi loves her kennel. She really does love it, trust me. Sometimes she wants to go to bed in it even before we are ready to go to sleep ourselves, which means that she actually wants to go in there rather than be on our bed if you can believe that!
I won't stay and chat any longer - I am anxious to continue my visit with my family especially my 10 year old nephew William and my 6 year nephew Philip. I will be back here on Thursday however and I promise I will touch base again then. In the meantime take care and say hi to Sarabi for me.
Love Helen (Sarabi's Mum)

Anonymous said...

Hello Mary Margaret
I am enjoying having Sarabi's Mum at my house. I get twice as many hugs and cuddles, but my Mum worries that I'm getting too spoiled! I'm sure you will agree however, that us dogs can never have too much love, can we?
Love Pallino
(your tall dark handsome English friend)