Friday, March 17, 2006

Pallino and the Rainbow Bridge

This is for Sarabi and her mom and anybody else that has lost a very special pet.

When my Mom lost Rose Anne, her good friend Allie told her about the "Rainbow Bridge". It's a special place that your dog goes to wait for you to join them someday. My mom says it was very comforting to her after Rose Anne was gone and I've asked her to send it to you. http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

Another thing my mom did was to sit down right away and write about Rose Anne and all the happy memories she shared with her. If you click on "Memories of Rose Anne" in the links part of my blog, you can see how special my Great Aunt Rose was to my mom, too. They shared so many good times together it was hard for Mom to remember them all. That's one of the reasons she encouraged me to write my Diary.

Like..uh...it's not as if I'm going anywhere for a long time, mind you. But sometimes when Mom needs to "put things into perspective" (like she says), I let her read my Diary and it really helps her see what's important.

I'm so sorry that Pallino had to go so soon, but I'm glad your mom had a chance to be with him before he left. Did you know that Pallino even sent me a post on my blog? I had no idea that he wasn't feeling well. I felt like he was my friend, too.

I asked my mom to send lots of hugs to you, your mom and your grandmother from both of us .I'm sure Pallino and Rose Anne will be hanging out together, just playing and having a swell time until it's time for them to cross over that bridge with their people. Also tell your "mum" that my mom kept wiping at her eyes when she thought about Pallino being gone. She knows how sad you all must feel right now.

Love and kisses,

Your friend, Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Mum and my Nana wanted me to thank you for sending the Rainbow Bridge poem. It's beautiful. I think it sounds like a wonderful place for a pet to wait for their loved one. My Mum called my Nana in England and read it to her and she was so touched that you dedicated your blog to Pallino this morning. It really cheered her up, even though it made her cry if you know what I mean. My Nana decided today was a good day for Pallino to go to the Rainbow Bridge, because he was born in Ireland. She also liked the idea of him playing with her other 2 dogs who went there before him, Laika and Mishka, and the fact that he was going to get to meet Rose Anne. She sounds pretty special.

Anyway, I don't plan on going to the Rainbow Bridge anytime soon - I hope!! I still have way too much trouble I want to get into!!! I'm sure you feel the same way too!

Did you wear your green collar? Don't forget to have your Mom post a picture of you for St Patrick's day.

Thank you again Mary-Margaret to you and your Mom for your kind thoughts and wishes. It meant a lot to me, my Mum, my Dad, my Nana and to Pallino too who can feel all of our love up there at the Rainbow Bridge.

Love
Sarabi