Friday, March 24, 2006

Mary-Margaret's Letters from Camp

March 24, 2006

Dear Mom,

I miss you! Can you believe they (Auntie C & Family) actually let one of those rude cats live IN their house - you did not tell me that part!. AND it has a name and they feed it and seem to like it - her name is Mo! Auntie C and Uncle Jason tell me I met her at Christmas but maybe she was nicer
then because I was a brand new baby, now I am very curious about everything and maybe don't know my size. When I first walked in their house, she started yelling at me right away and has swatted at me (warning swats, thank goodness). I am steering clear of her. Auntie C found her hiding out under Cailin's covers this morning...maybe she is not so tough!

I have heard things about Camp before and it seems to me that some things are missing from my experience, like fishing, canoeing, singing around a campfire (Auntie C says we can put a fire in in the fireplace and sing later if I really want)and sleeping outside (I am glad for that part). My "camping" experience has been more of chasing Auntie C around as she does a lot of laundry and goes up and down stairs constantly (I have mountains of clothes to climb thanks to Cailin and Clancy)and wondering when the real action is gonna start.

My Uncle Rudy has been acting dra-ma-tic, I don't know why he is so worried.
He has been hiding out, turning his head away from everybody and having the blues. I keep trying to cheer him up, running circles around him with my leash on is kind of like running around the Maypole. He starts to wag his tail, and then catches himself --- he will warm up to me, I just know it.

So far I am having a good time, it is not too different from home. They have those big blue pouch thingies here too! I thought about catching a ride home in one, but I'll stick it out. Will write more later.

Love,
Mary Margaret O'Brien

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary-Margaret, it's Sarabi. It sounds like you're holding up quite well although I think everyone sounds really nice. I wouldn't be too quick to jump into one of those blue pouches if I were you, you never know where you might end up and I think you have a good thing going right where you are.

I'm at the office with my Dad today because they're putting a new roof on our house and I'm afraid of all the banging. I hope they'll be finished by the time we go home. Personally, I don't know what all the fuss was about, we only had a little bit of water in the kitchen, didn't we?

Hope your Uncle Rudy warms up to you soon - don't worry though, I just know he will, how could he not?

Love
your pen-pal
Sarabi