Sunday, March 05, 2006

How do Moms always KNOW??

"Don't get up there, Mary-Margaret. You'll hurt yourself." "Get down, Mary-Margaret, or you'll fall!". Gosh if I had a Charley Bear for every time I heard that I'd be fat.

One of my most favorite places is on the very tippy-top of the back of Mom's brown leather recliner. She always tells me to get down because she's afraid I'll fall. Well, HAH! I never fall. Nope. Not me. Not ever. Until this morning.

OHMYGAWSH. Let me tell YOU. I fell all the way off the back on to the floor. I cried and cried so loud Mom thought I'd broken something. It was so absolutely scary. One minute I was lounging peacefully, and the next minute there was a loud "thunk", and there I was on the tile. OW!

I sobbed some more, and Mom picked me up to check my eyes, nose, arms, legs, tail, ribs, everything. Then she cuddled me until I stopped sobbing. I'm ok. I mean everything still works the way it's supposed to, and I skittered up the stairs and hopped on our bed without a problem. But I think when Mom says don't do something, I probably should listen. At least, I'll try to.

Moms are good to have around when we have "owies". I just love my mom so very much. I even went and got her sandals and put them side by side together for her so she wouldn't have to hunt for them. OK. So maybe I nibbled a little bit, but only enough to make a dent. No pieces fell off or anything.

I DO love you, Mom! Really I do!

Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary-Margaret, I'm glad you recoved unscathed, but I sure am sorry you had to experience that. Mom's are right, and so are puppy trainers!
Have a great day, little girl, and tell your mom I said hello.
Best,
Miss Lois