Monday, March 20, 2006

Monday, Monday....!

Me and Mom slept in today and didn't wake up until almost 9:00AM. I would have slept longer but when she gets up, I get up. We went to the office again. I very emphatically stressed that I have had it up to "here" with work. She kept calling me a "little pill" when all I was doing was telling her that we need to go HOME and play. So then what do you think??? We go get her nails done.

When Mom is at Cathleen's place, I have to sit "like a good girl" in my car seat (which is also my baby seat, a bed, a back-pack for Mom, a rolling airline carrier, etc, too). Now, Cathleen is a really nice person and she always tells me how cute I am and stuff. But I had a lot to say today, and finally Cathleen puts a towel over my car seat while I'm still talking. So I put the towel around my shoulders and thought I was pretty cool, and kept talking anyway.

Mom says I'm going through the "terrible twos". I was six months old yesterday so I'm not sure how she figures. I know I get bored easily and I like to shred paper, but you already know that. As long as I know where Mom is, I'm real independent. But as soon as she disappears, like even going into the bathroom, I get almost hysterical. Like I think I'm not going to see her ever again. I don't know what's wrong with me. I just want her to hold me all the time these days.

Even now, while I'm dictating this blog, I kept jumping up so she'd put me on her shoulder. That's where I'm most happy lately. As long as she's holding me, I know she's not going to leave me. Right?

Oh gosh, and I have this really weird feeling about her going someplace, and me being left behind. She says I'll have to suck it in and be a good girl while I'm staying at Uncle Rudy's place. I hope I can be. I mean, I know I'll try. I promise! It's only for a week, and I do remember from last Christmas about the really neat smells coming from the oven. It'll be ok. I think.

Bedtime. My favorite time. G'night, everybody.

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: