Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My very FIRST bouquet!!

See the roses in my cart? Wow...that was SOOO unexpected. Here's how it came down:

Me and Mom were waiting to check out of Albertson's tonight and so I was kinda visiting with everyone. This really neat lady named Kristen, who was very bee-yoo-ti-ful and probably could have taken First Prize in a People Show (if they had those)...a real pedigreed type of lady. Oh, well anyway, we were visiting and I was explaining to her that "No, I'm not a Toto dog. That would be a Cairn terrier. I'm a Yorkshire Terrier, you see!" And so on, and we sort of hit it off. Mom talked to her a little bit, too. We're chatting with the courtesy clerk on the way out and WHOOOAAAA!!! Kristen comes back and puts a whole bouquet of roses in our basket and says "This is for YOUUUU!".

Mom sorta goes "Huh? How Come?" (which probably wasn't the most politically correct thing to say), while I said "Why, THANK you very much", and just sort of swoooooooned to the smell of those absolutely everly so gorgeous FOURTEEN roses, all white and red and all for MEEEEEE! Kristen says that not enough people do something nice for someone else for no reason, so that's how come I got the roses. OK...well, maybe Mom got them too. I don't mind sharing, you know. Besides, it would have been harder for ME to put them in water than it was for Mom.

Earlier this morning we ran some "Ear-ends" (dunno, but that's what she calls it when we go here and there). We went to a place called BatteriesPlus to get a spare for her camera (Oh, lucky me!...Do I sound a bit sarcastic? Hmmmmm?). Anyhow, I am making friends with Casey, the store manager, and sheesh! Here comes the camera again.

Looks a bit weird, huh? Well you'd think the old girl would know how to fix the shutter speed on it by now, after owning it for at least four years, but nooooo! That's why I think this picture looks so funny. Maybe she was just being jiggly, but all I know is it takes a real long time from when she hits the button until the flash goes off. Whatever. Gives me time to close my eyes and turn my back on her. I got caught off guard in this picture.

That was our day in addition to the usual...meeting and greeting clients, napping, sniffing.....napping! Oh, and I definitely check out skater boy pants now. Mostly trying to figure out just what keeps them from falling down. I'll let you know when I find the answer.

Love ya,

Mary-Margaret O'Brien

5 comments:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

The lady sure is nice to give you that bootiful flowers. Hee you're so friendly with the people in the shop

~ Girl girl

Sophie Brador said...

MM, Wow! People at Albertsons are so very nice! That would never happen in Montreal. People here tend to be a bit grumbly. I wish it would happen here. Maybe my mom has to do something nice for someone, for no reason whatsoever. Maybe she can start a trend.

xo
SB

Ferndoggle said...

Humans & their cameras. Those things make me nuts!

Wish I could ride around a cool store like that. I'd even sit in the cart.

Lola

Lucie said...

Dear Mary-Margaret,
Congratulations for your first bouquet.
You deserve it!!!
Lucie

Sharon said...

Happy Halloween, Mary-Margaret! We're so happy you have survived the fires.
Snickers and Sharon