Thursday, October 18, 2007

Me and Mom's Nightgown

I've never kept it a secret that I sleep with my mom and that I cuddle really close to her at night. I'm going to rethink that choice after last night, though.

It's maybe 4AM and I am wanting some fresh air so I'm scooting up to where the top sheet meets the bottom up by the pillows, figuring I'll pop right out and stretch my legs. Huh? I'm not getting anywhere at all and it's panic time. I AM TRAPPED!

Next thing I hear is Mom mumbling "OW, Mary-Margaret! What ARE you DOING?". Er....well, gosh. Seems I was scootching up between her bare back and her nightgown instead of between the sheets. I could get my nose out the neck hole but my shoulders were too big. I tried and I tried, and she just kept saying stuff like "Knock it off....just a second here...arrrgh!" (you know what I'm saying?). We were a bit tangled but she fished me out and plopped me on top of the covers, rather grumpily, I might add.

I'm sure she'll laugh about it some day, though. Hmmph! Some people can be sooooo rude in the wee hours of the morning.

Love,

Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

FleasGang said...

Wooah! We can imagine the panic. Luckily for your mom, you're not a st. bernard or newfy! You two might still be struggling :-)

The Fleas