Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fire All Around

(double click the pictures to see more detail)
Our office is in Old Town Temecula. It's pretty neat. We're in an old Western style building on the third floor. When we heard the fire had broken into Redhawk, which is south of us, Mom took this first picture.
This next picture shows the hills of DeLuz just on the other side of the creek to the west of us.
About 1:30PM another fire was going in DeLuz, called the "Rosa Fire".
This is about the time she decided to go home.
About ten minutes later, you can see it's already getting bigger.

We're not so much worried about our office, but the creeks and canyons act like chimneys, and the wind was blowing so hard my hair was sleeked straight back from my nose, just like it would be if I had my head out a speeding car window.

By 5:00PM the Temecula Community Center was all full of people who evacuated, and Temecula Valley High School was set up to be an emergency shelter. We heard Chaparral High was also set up for this.

I worry about my friends - the bunnies, the squirrels, the skunks. YEAH? Well, I think they're nice folks and they can't help that they smell that way. Sooo...putting my paws together and praying that they'll be ok. And I'm hoping that my clients will still have their homes to go home to once this is all over.


Mom was taking pictures of all the equipment in the office and, as an afterthought, decided to include me. As you can see, I'm VERY serious about these fires.

Love, Mary-Margaret

7 comments:

Freda said...

Be carefuls, MMs. We see from the maps that you are surrounded by fires. We'll be watchin' the magic box for barks that Temecula is safe.

Thanks for the photos. Makes us all feel betters that you and your mum were okays this late lights. Will be checkin' for new barks.

Wuufs!

Ƨ

Lacy said...

woofies MM, b safe ok...

;)lacylulu

Sophie Brador said...

Mary Margaret, We are so relieved to see that you are okay. I hope you still are. These fires are just awful. We are very far away, but we're thinking about you and all your friends. Stay safe.

xo
SB

Charlie said...

We're very glad to hear that you're safe! Be careful down there!!
- Charlie

Vicky said...

Freda mentioned you are in a bad area for the fires, we see them on our TV and they look real bad. Hope you keep safe.
Paws crossed.
HHHHarry x

Sophie Brador said...

Mary-Margaret, I'm not sure if Fuji is single or not. We only just met him that once. If we see him again, we will certainly ask. But be prepared. You would need to learn some French for that handsome pup. I don't think he barks any English at all. But he's probably super romantic. You know the French.

Glad to hear you're still out of the fire's path.

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Please keep safe! Many good wishes from Scotland. Thinking of you, you are headlines on our BBC News.

love and sad licks,

Marvin xxxxx and Jeannie in Scotland xxxxxxx