Friday, October 26, 2007

Looking Eastward

This is what it looks like from our bank parking lot. We can't tell exactly what's happening, but it looks like one of the fires has jumped over into Riverside county on the East side. The news stations aren't talking much about the fire any more. Most of them are put out except Running Springs which is maybe 75 miles away, and two in San Diego county (20-30% contained), and the one in Orange county which is trying very hard to come into Riverside county where we are.

New reporters seem like a different type of human all together. They look nice, talk nice and move on to something else when their audience gets bored. Today it's all about a couple of bird brain parents with two baby boys aged 1 and 2 who already seem smarter than the adults.

OK OK....I won't get into it here. This is not the place to hang other people's laundry out. This is about MEEEEEE.....Mary-Margaret O'Brien. Puppy extraordinaire!! Ask me what I think and I'll solve the problems of the world.

Yup!

MMOB

5 comments:

Asta said...

MaryMargaret
I'm glad you and youw Mom awe Ok
I'm thinkig of you and sending extwa smoochie kisses
Asta

Sophie Brador said...

Hey MM, I'm really hoping that OC fire doesn't jump over to RS ... can I say RS? I'm just relieved that your okay. Do you want me to send my mom's asthma inhaler out to you? That smoke must be kind of hard on your little lungs.

As for birds brains and smart babies, well, I suspect you;re smart than all of them. In fact, I suspect you masterminded the whole firefighting initiative in So Cal.

Bravo Mary-Margaret O'Brien! Bravo!

xoxo
SB

Hammer said...

Dear Mary-Margaret
We really hope you and your hoomans are kept safe in the fires. My mum has had a lot to do with the media searching for my brother, Beau and she understands exactly what you are saying. Stay well. We are thinking of you over here in Oz.
Love from Hammer

Freda said...

Hey MMs, glads you are still okays. Thanks for the continued fire coverage. You're rights about reporters and the news. How much news is 'invented'? We knows it hyped for ratin's. News should be a publics service program.

Wuufs!

Ƨ

Shmoo said...

I'm glad the fire didn't come your way, that would be very scary.

Meeshka