Friday, October 26, 2007

10/25/07: And another day burning...!

(double click to see detail)
Here's the way it looks to the southwest of us from the roof deck. The fires are still burning but the winds have disappeared. The smoke is settling into our little valley. Every time I go outside my fur gets ashes in it. I just shake a bit and it flies back out. The secret is to wait until I get BACK to the office to do my shaking. That way I can see how much soot and ash my hairdo holds.
This one is looking more south south east toward that big fire. It looks a lot closer than it really is. The smoke can make you feel like you're right next to it even though the flames are a few miles away. Here's looking more toward the Rice Fire in Fallbrook. We still don't know if all of our clients made it through ok because they're still not letting people back into the town. We heard from Mr. Sides (the man who rescued my stuffed ferret from "The Firehouse" restaurant a couple of years ago?) and he's fine. So's his family and his horses. But he's on the Rainbow side. Fallbrook is something else. Can you imagine? Booting 45,000 people from one town? Where do they all go, I wonder?

Going "out" isn't one of my big priorities today. It's hot, dry and smoky and my eyes get all gooped up. I go to Mom and start rubbing my eyes so she knows it's time to help me clean them out again. We haven't argued at all today. I've been very considerate of her, and she's been pretty nice to me, too. I didn't even bug her to go home at 5:00 like I usually do. Instead I made a really HUGE puddle in the middle of my piddle-pad. When she saw it she told me what a good girl I was and thanked me. Made me feel all proud of myself, too.

Mary-Ann From-Down-The-Hall dropped by and we cuddled for a bit. Gosh, I love her. She doesn't even start to talk to my mom until she finds me and plops me in her lap. I could just nuzzle her all day. Yup. I could!!

Sorry we didn't post last night but the "old lady" fell asleep in her big comfy leather chair. I barked a few times to wake her up and she just fell back asleep. It wasn't until about 11:30 that she paid serious attention to me. Like..."Hello? You can stay here if you want but I WANT TO GO TO BED!!"

PS - she's not really all that old but compared to MEEEEE she is! :o)

Love, Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Once again rivetting reports from you! You are welcome to come and stay at our house. I guess you can bring your mom, too.