Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Another Day - Much the same! More Fire!

(double click to see close up)
Remember yesterday? Hmmmmm! Same view but taken today at 11:14AM
And again at 12:18PM

And at 2:30PM
Looking to the right toward the southwest where we saw the Rosa Fire pop up yesterday.
And back at the same place we started with, only now it's 5:14PM. Ashes are falling everywhere and it's getting hard to breathe. We see a lot of people with scarves or surgical masks on. All I want to do is sniff.

Every bush smells so different today. I want to just sit and take it all in, but Mom keeps up with "Come ON, Mary-Margaret! Hurry up!". She's NO fun at all. And so I've started talking back to her, which only leads to an argument. We don't think it's funny but other people do. A grown up lady and a small Yorkie, yapping back and forth. "You STOP that, Mary-Margaret", and I say back "Make me!!", and she says "You don't SASS me like that", and I say, "Yeah? I'm doing it!!"...and so on. Neither one of us gets anything settled and pretty soon I get involved in something else.

PS - Today I rode up in the elevator with a guy wearing skater boy pants. You know, I stuck my nose right up his pant leg and would have really gotten a real eyeful if Mom didn't yank my leash and snarl "NO" at me. Like then she tells me ....(sigh)... how RUDE it is to look up someone's pant leg. The guy gave me a funny look and dashed out the elevator as soon as it stopped. Hey! I was just curious, you know.

Here's looking right into the sun.
Colleen calls Mom while we're in Albertson's. Another fire in Temecula.... see? Only this one is Southeast of us, while the big one is just South.
It's a full moon, too. Check it out through the smoke.

San Diego is practically shut down. Schools and courts are closed, and even if you wanted to get there, you probably couldn't get back. The roads keep closing and the winds keep changing direction.

All this is making us really sad, and wishing it would hurry up and be over.

Hugs and puppy licks to everyone...

From MEEEE, Mary-Margaret

12 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi Mary-Margaret.
We are praying for all those who are suffering there!
I am so happy to hear that you and your mom are safe!
Take care please
Lorenza

Anonymous said...

Princess,just make sure you and your mom are safe..
Please don't take any chances..
We love you both

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh the smoke looks very scary... Hum.. I would be curious about looking up pants too

~ Girl girl

Vicky said...

Oh Mary-Margaret, that looks so scary, I do hope the wind stops blowing and you'll get some rain soon.
HHHHarry x

Sophie Brador said...

MM, Skater boys pants sound like a good diversion from those smoky skies. You should tell your mom that you need to look up people's pants, to calm your rattled nerves. My mom would never believe me, but then we're not in the middle of a massive fire.

Hope things are okay this morning.

xo
SB

Unknown said...

Mary-Margaret, we are crossing our paws for all of the people in California. It's very sad :( Please stay safe okay?
Love,
Simon and Hallie

FleasGang said...

Mary-Margaret, we sure are worried about you and your mom. Please stay safe.

The Fleas

Urban Smoothie Read said...

for the past few days we had been following the california news...

thousands of house had been burnt down...that's sad...

hope everything will be fine soon...

take care.

Lacy said...

woofies MM!!! plez take care of u and ur mama...me wishes me cud send u all dis rain we having wood shure help..we neeeds da rain but u need it more...mama should b happy u foundeded sumthin else to do (nose up boys pants) instead of worryin...u will boff b ok soon as da fires is gone u jus worried and upset..u still loves each other and dats what counts...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

You should win the Puplitzer Prize for reporting for these reports! Keep safe!

PS, if the lad didn't want you to stick you face up his pants, he shouldn't have worn them!

ChloƩ said...

Hello M.M!!! I feel so much what is happening,the fire ... I see it every day in the television. You it seems that it surrounds these... Already you will tell us more about fire... If you encourage, came to visit my blog, there is a costume´s contest for halloween, c´on send to me your best picture...

Love, Chloe

Lacy said...

woofies MM, is San Jose close to the fires..me trieded checkin it out on map but cant furgure it outs...Maya and Kena live there and they r on dwb...dey havent posted anything in a few days...

b safe,
;)lacylulu