Friday, December 22, 2006

Visiting my Grand-Parents

Here's my Grandma and my Grandpa. I don't get to see them very much because it takes Mom about six hours to drive there. Three hours one way and three the next. She says it would be faster if they lived in Las Vegas because then we'd take a plane. My Grandma knows how to talk to me. If she calls me I go right over there. She's pretty interesting. She rolls around in a wheely-chair and makes it go wherever she wants by "walking" while she's sitting. It's so kewl. Really. Oh, and she gives pretty good tummy rubs, too.

My Grandpa is still trying to get the concept of having a Grand-Dog down. I think maybe he forgets my name sometimes because he calls me "the dog" or "the pup". But after a while he even cuddles me and holds me. He still needs more practice, though. You can tell he's not used to having a four-legged grandchild.
Here's what I like doing - going O-U-T. Well, sort of. My Grandparents live in a really tall apartment building so they don't have a yard. They have a "balcony". Mom put my piddle pad out there just in case, but no thanks. I'd rather wait until I get home, you know? Like I don't just piddle anyplace. There was stuff going on downstairs in their parking lot that I had to check out. I'm pretty curious, you know, and lucky for me if I stood in my very tippy-toes, I could see over the wall.

Mom had put that silly Santa hat on my head on the way there so I got to make some people smile. I said "Hello!" and "Merry Christmas" to everyone I could. Traffic was so jammed up and slow I bet they appreciated my good will. But when we had been at Grandma's for a while I decided that hat also made a good toy. Grandpa thought I was trying to take it apart. Who? Meeeeeee? Perish the thought! (shh....maybe I was, but don't tell Mom).

OK...time to get to work. Happy Friday before Christmas, everyone.

Love, Mary-Margaret

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandmas and Grandpas give great tummy rubs! We get to go see our Grandma and Grandpa alot because they live just a mile away. But Mom is careful becuase it's a lot to let the three of us come into your house. We go to visit our (dachsie) Aunt Lexie who lives with them. It's almost like a party!

We hope you have a great Christmas and a safe trip home.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas M-M, to you and your family - I hope 2007 is full of lots of bones and treats :-)

Love
Opy