Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My Magic Christmas Tree

When we first decorated the tree...ok, MOM decorated the tree, I supervised...this is what it looks like. You can see the ornaments and pearls and even the little silver elf on top of the tree. But it's just a tree with decorations.












This is when the magic comes. At night, when the lights go on and ...wow! It's like the Christmas fairy just flew over and sprinkled some pixie dust on it. It glows with the promise of peace, love, and goodwill toward all. Especially pups.

I'd like to say that your local pet hospital or animal relief center is always happy to get donations of old towels or blankets. They never have enough. Better to give them to my friends who will appreciate them, even if they have spots or holes in them. I think I'll get Mom to go through her linen closet and donate all that stuff we don't use any more. Will you all do the same? Christmas is about giving and sharing and loving each other. Well, that's what I think, anyway.

I think I want Mom to take me down to look at the lights again. I get all warm and fuzzy...ok, FUZZIER....when I look at my magic tree.

Love to everyone, and may the magic of Christmas touch us all.

Mary-Margaret

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh your tree is beautiful! And a good reminder to donate, we just gave some toys to a program that gives them to the shelters so the doggies have something to play with. We also gave some Christmas blankets too!

Christmas is so special, isn't it?

Merry Christmas Mary Margaret "Angel"

Love,

Simon & Hallie

Anonymous said...

M-M,

Beautiful tree. And we love the idea of donating our old towels and blankets. Mom was thinking it was time to get new ones and was just going to throw the old ones away. She will call to see what they want. How do you hold such a big heart in that little body?

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Anonymous said...

Your tree is sooooooooo pretty Mary-Margaret. I hope Santa is very good to you.

Hugs,
Maggie