Tuesday, June 08, 2010

It's June 8th - 12 more days!

Twelve more days until Father's Day. Then we get to see my Grandpa. I'm so excited. It's been maybe 4 months since the last time. He and I are VERY good friends.

Then...according to my calendar (yes, I have one!), it's 19 more days until Carter's 9th birthday. He's sure getting old. In dog years, that would be 63. Hmmmmm! I am 4 and one-half, so I guess that makes me a little over 30 in people years. I think it's about time humans stopped making baby talk to me. Yup. I am their equal and should be treated as such.

What we did today is this: We WORKED! I had a few clients, which means I got a few belly rubs. Mom didn't get nearly as much as she thought she would done. I know she had plans and it was all mapped out, and then unexpected things happened and it threw her whole schedule out the window.

One guy came in for us to serve an "Unlawful Detainer" on a deadbeat tenant. He only had the complaint and it wasn't filed with the court yet. Mom helped him go through his papers and she highlighted stuff that was missing, then sent him home to fix it all. He called and said that he didn't want to file the complaint with the court; he just wanted the tenant evicted. Mom patiently explained how that could only be done through "due process", and by getting a court order for possession. Sometimes she just has to explain things very patiently so that her clients understand.

Yesterday a lady came in with divorce papers and she was missing some things. We spent about a half hour or more with her and got her the stuff she needed. She seemed pretty happy that she didn't have to worry about her paperwork. That's what we do. Mom goes through paperwork, and I flip on my back and get belly rubs. Sometimes, I even give kisses if our clients are especially stressed. I'm VERY good at calming them down.

Mom's going to go fix my dinner now. Chicken and kibble and something sprinkled over the top of my food so my joints will work better. I have a luxated patella which makes my knee pop in and out. It doesn't bother me much except it makes me limp a bit. I don't care for that at all. She's going to make an appointment with my beautiful wonderful Dr. V (that would be Melanie Verreault) at Woodcrest in Riverside. Dr. V and I go waaaaaay back to when I was a baby, and I trust her.

I know...I know...I get started talking and sometimes I don't know when to quit.

Love you....

Mary-Margaret

No comments: