Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Yogurt and IceCream and Steak...Oh My!!

I have to tell you that my diet has really gone to heck over the past week. But not necessarily in a bad way, you know? First off, I was pretty hungry by Thursday night. Wednesday, I'd only had a little piece of a breaded chicken cutlet on the plane with the bread part taken off. Thursday we were out at the Enterprise Fish House in Santa Monica and I could NOT stand it a minute longer. So I spoke up. Mom tried to "shush" me but I was HUNGRY. You cannot "shush" a hungry Yorkette.

Wow....I'm probably the only pup on the West Coast that has ever had Chilean Sea Bass with Mango Chutney. And I have to tell you, it was really GOOD. Later that night my Grandpapa snuck me a bowl of vanilla ice cream. (..urp...!)

The next morning he made me scrambled eggs with a bit of sweet onion, just like he used to make my Grandma. I was in heaven. That's about when I decided to put in for a transfer. Oh yeah! Yum! Then I had my chicken from Bob's Market on Ocean Park, and then on Sunday I got sirloin steak, medium rare, diced in little pieces.

Tonight Mrs. Shaima came by the office and brought frozen yogurt. Me and Mom had vanilla with raspberry swirl, and Mrs. Shaima had chocolate malt and chocolate peanut butter. She told me I can't have chocolate. I still don't know why. She says it's poison, but humans eat it all the time and you don't see them dropping like flies. Nope.

Mom says to enjoy it while I can because it's not healthy for me to eat this way on a regular basis. Like, hello? She's having all this weird stuff and she's on MEEEEE about it? Tonight we shared some cashews. Tomorrow it's back to the old grind.

Mom keeps wanting to pick up the phone and call Grandma. Then she remembers that the only way she can talk to her is if I write in my diary. Lucky she has me, huh?

Love and kisses...

Mary-Margaret O'Brien

PS: Aunt Leslie told Mom she thinks that the picture of my Grandpapa saying goodbye to my Grandma is morbid. Me and Mom think it's really beautiful and touching. What do you think? MMOB

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We agree with you and your Mom. A picture like that is very beautiful and very touching and very private. This is something special that you will always have to remind you of the Love that your Grandparents shared.

Love and Prayers

Sugar Princess and Baby Sweet Pea

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

This morning I had some of my Human's breakfast. Of course she was trying to eat it at the time and she didn't appreciate my contribution!

Lizzy said...

Wow, lucky you, Mary Margaret! All that food! You must be in heaven!

Sparky

Minnie Mouse said...

Mary-Margaret ... in my Mommy's tradition, photos are taken for the reason that you said ... as SAD as it is, it is a celebration of you Grandma's life ... the conclusion of the earthly visit. That part of your Grandma that made her special is still with you, she doesn't need that ole' body that failed her. You and I know these things as our Grandma's are still with US ... even though I have never met mine, I carry her slippers around the house and play with them. She doesn't mind. Give your Mommy some kisses and help her broken heart heal ... that is an ORDER Lt. Chaplain MM!!

Huggles and Yorkie Kisses
Colonel Minnie Mouse