Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A Taste of "Pawlitics"!!


Ohmygoodness. We've been on the run for the past few days what with working really late on Monday, going to Santa Monica to help my Grandpapa Tuesday, and meeting Auntie Vicki at The Pantry in Los Angeles for brunch today. I absolutely got to know the nicest man in the parking lot when we were leaving. He told me he used to have a mother and three daughter Yorkies and they all lived to be about 22 years old. "Whoooooooooa!!", I said.
"What did you feed them?", Mom asked..

"You don't want to know", said the nice man. And he asked how much I weighed and my name and then he told me his name and we even snuggled and kissed and stuff. My mom and Auntie Vicki tried to talk to him a little bit but mostly it was just him and MEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Aunt Vicki got a picture of him and me cuddling, too. Mom's battery went out on her camera! Some investigator, huh?

Oh...his name? You wanna know who I hang with? HMMMMMMM????? Richard "Dick" Riordan (he says it like "Reardon"), former mayor of Los Angeles and....ta daaaaaaaaaa....the owner of The Pantry AND now also owner of Mort's Deli in Pacific Palisades. (I heard he owns Gladstones4Fish but I'm not a fish person except for Chilean Sea Bass with Mango Chutney....but I digress!). I tell YOUUUUUUUUUUUU. It was really nice going TO The Pantry, but even nicer getting to taste Mr. Riordan, who said I can call him Dick. I've tasted people all over the country but my friend, Dick, is everly the best tasting person in the whole wide world (not including my GrandPapa, of course!) Yup!!

FYI - Wouldn't you know it? Aunt Vicki caught me discussing Dick's recent run for California Governor with him. I was simply expressing my thoughts on his opposition. A man that tastes THAT good, in my opinion, would have made a great Governor.....or....whoaaaaaaa...! Maybe President? I've heard the Republicans are looking for a strong candidate to break out of the pack. Just a thought but....what if the political parties had a "cook-off" instead of a debate? I'd be happy to be a judge. You can tell a good candidate by the way they work in a kitchen.

Love,

Mary-Margaret

PS - Mom said to tell you all that if you ever get to Los Angeles and The Pantry, get their coleslaw. It's FABULOUS!! Even for breakfast! He's got my vote!!!

3 comments:

FleasGang said...

How exciting! Judging from that photo we believe you brought back some fond memories for your new "uncle" Dick :-) You really made his day.

luv
The FleasGang

Balboa said...

WOW, that Dick looks so happy to be in the photo with you!

We got your card!!! Thanks,

Frenchie SNorts
Balboa

Charlie said...

Wow - a 'cook-off'; I could maybe get interested in politics if they did it that way!

Thanks for your Chrismas card, Mary-Margaret. It's pawsome!
- Charlie