Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Grandpapa's Christmas Wish



My Grandma went to the Rainbow Bridge on November 27, just three weeks ago. My Grandpapa really misses her a lot. Every Christmas they would put out a tiny little Christmas tree that was given to him by HIS grandmother...his "Baba"...and my Grandpapa would get his harmonica and play "Silent Night" for my Grandma.

Tonight, he celebrated his Christmas wish to my Grandma like he has been doing for over a half a century. I know my Grandma was with us, because we felt happy and sad and full of love all at the same time. I told Mom that I wanted to share his Christmas wish with you. I really love my Grandpapa and the beautiful memories of my Grandma.

We all miss her very much, too.

Love and kisses, Mary-Margaret

7 comments:

Lacy said...

woofies Mary Margaret!!! dat's soo sweet of u g-pa to keep up wiff their tradition.dey gone, but surely not furgotten..fank u for me xmas card, u shood get urs soon...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

Unknown said...

Mary-Margaret, we thought that was the most beautiful thing we have ever heard or seen. We are glad you were with him and glad you shared that moment with us.

Love and Kisses,

Simon & Hallie

Anonymous said...

Mary-Margaret, Your Grandpapa's heart is in his harmonica, and I know your Grandma hears him.
With a few tears, Pat Johnson

Mary-Margaret, thank you for the beautiful Christmas card. I love your cute face on it. Love and kisses, Sausha

Anonymous said...

MM,
What a beautiful tradition for your Grandpapa to continue for your Grandma. Thank you for sharing with us. Hugs to you and your sweet Mom, Beth and Dashi

Anonymous said...

we felt happy and sad and full of love all at the same time

** Very understandable. I felt the same way watching the lil video.I We wish you a wonderful Xmas & a super new year. And I hope your grandpa can make it thru the holidays. I think you all should call him every day so he'll know he's not alone.
With loads of love, Aunt Shelly & gang

Lizzy said...

Your grandpa must be a strong man inside. We're still keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers!

Sparky

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mary-Margaret.
Thanks for sharing this with us. I am sure your Grandma was with you and your family.
Have a good night
Lorenza