Thursday, December 06, 2007

Understanding about life!

You know about that picture I put up on my blog? A couple of ladies kinda thought maybe it wasn't a good idea. So I explained it like ...like....this.

Me and my mom thought it was really beautiful...the lighting, the flowers, and mostly my Grandpapa saying "good bye" for the last time. The combination of love and sadness in his eyes pretty much summed up 67 years of marriage, four kids, at least six grandchildren (but I could be off one or two), five great grandchildren and definitely one grand dog. Maybe more grand dogs and cats, but mostly MEEEEE!

We all have pictures taken when we're born, birthdays, weddings, holidays....why not of the last celebration of our lives?

That's what me and Mom think, anyway. Besides...if you want to know the real scoop, my Grandma wasn't in that box, anyhow. Just her body. Her soul is still all wrapped around us and will probably be that way for a long time to come. Like Mom told her 6 year old grandson (and MY cousin), Carter: "Her batteries ran out!" and for him to think of a balloon after you let the air out. The balloon just lays there, but the air from inside is still all around you. And then Carter understood that the part of Grandma he loved wasn't laying in the coffin. It surrounded him for always instead.

Yup. Even I understand that.

Love and puppy licks...

Mary-Margaret "The Philosopher" O'Brien

2 comments:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

My Human was told that the body is just the house the person lived in, but not the person him/herself.

Sparky said...

I totally understand that, and agree with your decision to post the picture. Your grandma was obviously a very special lady.