Saturday, December 29, 2007

My Mom and the "Cousins"

 
Here's me and my cousin Sophie (Sophia Maria Teresa Alphonso Alberghetti). We are BFFFF (Best Female Fur Friends Forever). We met at about 6:15AM on 12/24. Long story but...oh heck, I'll tell you.

First off, it's pretty snowy stormy in the middle of the country. So our plane is delayed maybe an hour 'til 7:35PM. About 6:00PM Mom reaches for her cell phone at the airport and realizes she left it at Aladdin's Park and Ride. She gets a lady named Scarlett to watch our carry on, grabs MEEEEEEEEE and RACES out of the terminal back to where the bus let us off. She flags down another Aladdin bus and the driver speeds back to the parking lot. Mom hops off and runs to the car, grabs the cell phone and jumps back on the bus (where she left me, I might add!), hands the driver a really nice tip and he takes us right back to the airport. We skid into the gate at 6:45PM, out of breath but in time to board. Between you and me, I never saw Mom move so fast in my whole life.

OK...back to meeting Sophie. So our plane lands about 1:22AM and we get our luggage off the carousel, go outside (brrrrrr!) and NO AUNTIE SISSIE. "Uh oh", Mom says, and gets out her cell phone. There are three messages on it, the first one saying "Uh...this isn't good news, but my car broke down and I'm waiting for Joel to come and get me!". Mom calls Auntie Sissie and finds out she's about 39 miles out of town, freezing, with both Cade (who wore a jacket) and Randy (who thought he'd be sitting in a warm car and only wore a T-shirt). This would be a good time to mention they live about 110 miles from the airport, I think. Mom offered to get a hotel and worry about hooking up with them later, but Auntie Sissie and Joel said "No way!", and they picked us up a couple of hours later. We waited in a "park and ride" building across the street from the terminal for a couple of hours and let me tell YOUUUUUU. It's pretty scary being all by ourselves which we were for about an hour after the other two people left. Plus, Mom expected me to use my piddle pad right there smack in the middle of the waiting area ...like hello? Strangers could walk in and see me? Uh....I don't THEEEEENK so!! I have manners, you know.

About 3:45AM we looked up and saw Auntie Sissie come in the door. She helped us with our luggage and we all jammed into a little Hyundai. That would be 3 grown ups, 3 children and ONE SMALL DOG in a teensy five person car (we probably coulda gotten a ticket for that, huh?). We got to know each other pretty well, I might add. It was icy and snowy and really REALLLY cold so it took a while to get to Auntie Sissie's house. The door opened and WOO HOO! Sophie and I were nose to nose....both of us said "YIKES!" at the same time. But from then on we were everly the best of friends.



I'll tell you more later.

Love and kisses,

Mary-Margaret
Posted by Picasa

No comments: