Friday, December 21, 2007

We Puttered About Today!


Ran more "ear ends" in the morning, me cozily nestled into my Outward Hound side sling. Truly it's not bad unless I want to look at something behind me. Then it gets a bit awkward. Or "Awk-weird". Like Mom goes "Awk!" and I get "Weird". (Yorkie humor...don't worry if you don't get it!) Picture is of sling to give you idea of what it's like, but that's not me or Mom, if you want to know.

Parking was difficult. Mom circles these lots like buzzards over road kill. "Aha!", she says, as she pulls into a non-space. "Huh?", I say? And she explains that the space would have been clearly marked if the landscapers hadn't covered half of it with a heap of mud, which our 4-wheel drive CR-V has absolutely no trouble pulling into and onto, granted maybe at a 30 degree tilt. So we are parked and we trot into "The Mall", me dangling merrily at her side.

The only negative about the side sling is that my nose is only at about Mom's hip level. People think I'm part of her purse until I smile at them from under all that leather. Then they say "Awww...look at the puppy. What's IT's name?".
"Mary-Margaret O'Brien", Mom tells them.
"Is it a boy or a girl?", and Mom has to bite her tongue to keep from saying something non-Christmassy. So she pauses for a moment and lifts an eyebrow while they reconsider the question. Er...yeah, people! And how many boys do you know named Mary-Margaret?? HMMMMMMMM???

Also I have trouble seeing over countertops, and occasionally I get jostled into the side of a display case, but still...it IS comfortable for the most part.

Later we went to Miss Cathleen's to get Mom's nails done. Again, no walk for me and she almost forgot my water. I think the newness of our relationship is waning a bit.
Ah well....such is life. Cathleen is pretty busy over the holidays. I suppose I'll forgive her. I truly DO like her a lot when she's not so rushed.

Later, guys!

Love, Mary-Margaret

2 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mary-Margaret
These days the traffic here is awful. I have to admit that here we have terrible drivers. Can you imagine how is it these days??
The same happens with me. When we are out walking and people see me with my dress/harness they always ask my mom... is a girl or a boy?? A boy with a dress?? They are weird!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Sophie Brador said...

Hey Mary Margaret! I hope you had a fabulous holiday with loads of treats!

xo
SB