Wednesday, November 28, 2007

My Grandma.....I love you!!

My GrandPapa called Mom last night to tell her that my Grandma is gone. My Mom is very very sad, and she says it's like there's a huge hole in her heart. She cries a little, then she remembers stuff...the good times, the silly times, and she starts to smile. But then she worries about my GrandPapa being all alone, and who now has a broken heart. Her parents were married for 67 years almost.

She says it's easier for her to have me tell you about my Grandma. She feels so bad that she can't be with my GrandPapa right now because we're in Pennsylvania and he's in California, but we both will be with him when we get home. Me and my Grandma had a very special relationship. Whenever I got sorta distracted by cats or chipmunks or supper and I'd forget to write in my diary, my Grandma would call my mom and ask "How is Mary-Margaret today?" and "What is Mary-Margaret doing? Why hasn't she written?". Mostly all the time, though, she'd tell Mom how really lucky she was to have MEEE. Yup!

I think I really helped my Grandma and my Mom get closer in the past couple of years, you know? People sort of take each other for granted, and figure that if they don't say something today, there's always tomorrow. Because of MEEEE, my Mom and my Grandma really talked a lot in the past few months. They even understood things about each other that confused them for so many years (You know how it is with mothers and daughters?). Most important, though, the very last words they said to each other yesterday afternoon was "I love you!". And there wasn't any more either one could have said.

God please help my Grandma meet up with my Aunt Rose at the bridge, so they can keep each other company on their forever journey.

I love you, Grandma, and I'm going to keep on writing in my diary. That way, you'll always know what I'm up to, and I'll always be thinking about you, too.

Love you forever and ever...

Mary-Margaret

8 comments:

Tina said...

I am so sorry MMOB, but I think your mom having you will help heal her heart! You are a special gift for your mommy! Tell her she is in our thoughts and prayers!

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

I was really sorry to read about your grandma. Our thoughts are with you.

Sophie Brador said...

Mary-Margaret, What a beautiful tribute to your Grandma. She must have loved you and your mom very much. We are so sad to hear your news. MM, please give your mom a big snuggle from me. I don't snuggle often, but I always seem to know when someone really needs it, so please give a Sophie snuggle to your mom. And if you can manage it, please also poke her in the eye with your nose, from me.

Thinking about you!

xo
SB

No pokes in eyes from me, but my most heartfelt sympathies on the loss of your Grandma, and mom.

All the best,
Sherry

Minnie Mouse said...

Sweet Lt. Chaplain Mary-Margaret ... Losing a Grandma is one of the hardest things that we have to endure ... losing a Mom is even harder. My Mommy lost her's about 8 years ago ... all I can advice you to do is give your Mommy, Michele, lots of love, hugs and be good. I know that the last item is a little difficult for us Diva girls, but ... well, it is a good thing to do.

Love you,
Your Friend
Colonel Minnie Mouse

Lizzy said...

Oh dear. I am so sorry for you and your mom. I'll be praying that God will comfort everyone who knew your grandma.

Sparky

Unknown said...

We are so very sorry Mary-Margaret. Please give your mom a lot of hugs and kisses and just be there with her.

Love,
Simon & Hallie (and our mom who is saying lots of prayers for your family)

T-man Angel said...

Mary-Margaret & mom,
I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like your Grandma really loved you & that you brought joy into her life. I'm sure your mom is really sad, so you must try to comfort her. My mom and I lost our Grandpa this year, and we know it is a difficult thing to go through. Having friends that understand helps mend your broken heart.

T-man

Lorenza said...

Marie-Margaret,
Sorry to hear about your Grandma. Its very sad. Please tell you mom that we are thinking of her and your GrandPapa.
Give her extra kisses and hugs. Your mom needs them more than ever.
Lorenza