Friday, November 16, 2007

Our Office Fambly Party

Oh boy! Was Mom surprised or what? I tell YOUUUU....she almost started to cry. Really, she did. Me and Sonia planned a surprise party for her with her Office Fambly. Sonia got the cake with Mom's name on it in really pretty purple icing. It was a marble cake and just right for sharing.

I didn't want to wait until after lunch and made it perfectly clear that, as soon as I saw the napkins, plates and forks, it was TIME TO PAR-TAAAAAY!
Well??? What's taking you guys so LONG to open that cake box? Hmmmmmmm??? Sonia figured I'd keep busy with the box of forks. Yeah...!! That only took maybe 10 seconds to open. I LOVE CAKE!!
Er......Sonia? Putting the forks up on the high shelf is NOT going to keep me from getting into the action.

But the rest of the people said after lunch was fine with them. Hmmmmph! So I waited. And then Auntie Debbie from across the hall came in and she and Sonia sang a really lovely duet of "Happy Birthday to YOUUUUU!". Mom got all pink in the cheeks because that's the first time in a gazillion years that anyone has sung that to her.

Michael and Derreck came by and said "Happy Birthday"; Fidel came in and had some cake and said "Happy Birthday"; Mary-Ann-From-Down-the-Hall came in after she went to the dentist and said "Happy Birthday" and had cake. Julie, the attorney, came in and said "Happy Birthday" and had cake. Then Mom took the last piece home and had it for dinner.....with ice cream.

I had a couple of helpings of the cake part without the frosting. Debbie from Across-the-Hall said I didn't need a sugar high to get MEEEEEE through the day. The cake part is my favorite anyhow. Mom's other daughters, Melissa and Colleen, both called to say "Happy Birthday", and so did my Grandma and GrandPapa. All in all, it was a really nice day.

Mary-Margaret "Let them eat cake!" O'Brien

1 comment:

Urban Smoothie Read said...

happy birthday 2 ur mummy...

i think she was really touched by d surprise pawty