Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rothenburg, Germany

(double click pictures to see the details)



Picture #1: My Auntie Colleen at the gate to Rothenburg.














Picture #2: Here's what the town looks like. Mom says it reminds her of those little Christmas villages that Aunt Susie (the human one) used to set up every year. See Colleen on the left hand side wearing sunglasses?





























Picture #3: All the stores are decorated for Christmas. They all look like this one. This is where my Mom and Auntie C met "Au Coeur". He was wearing a camoflauge jacket. Kewl, huh?


Picture #4: This is what the river valley looks like over the city wall. The whole city has a big wall around it to protect it from the bad guys. Sentries used to walk on top of the walls to help keep the city safe.












Picture #5: And here is another picture of the Roman style bridge over the river. Mom told me that this city was her very most favorite of all. She would really like to take me there someday just to walk around and check out all the stores and go shopping. Yup. I'd like that too.

Do you know that people take there dogs absolutely everywhere with them? Even into restaurants? Really! They do!



Something I know - there are over 1200 kinds of sausages made in Germany! Yum! Too bad airport security doesn't allow sausages, dontcha think?

MMOB

3 comments:

ChloƩ said...

Hi Mary Margaret!!!! I like so much the pictures... is a beautiful´s city!!!

Love,Chloe

Lacy said...

woofies MM, me glad u home...vewrwy nice picturs of Germany!!! bet u mom had a bunchies of fun...and sounds u did too, u had a lot of play fends..

b safe,
;)lacylulu

PetraZ said...

Hi Mary-Margaret,
I love that Christmas window! Thank you so much for posting it.

Franki V