Thursday, November 01, 2007

Mom's going through withdrawal.

Hi. It's me, MM's mom.

I can't stand it. I am so miserable without her. Life is just not the same. No wet feet jumping on my bare legs.....nobody using me for a springboard. No puppy licks.... no snoring. I even had dinner without being asked to share even once. And who's going to tell me when the cats sneak into our planter bed? And however will I wake up without someone pouncing on my sleeping body?

Withdrawal pains are awful, I tell you. We kissed and hugged goodbye at 5:00pm, and she didn't take her eyes off me until her Auntie Lynda rounded the corner and she couldn't see me anymore. I keep reaching for the phone to call Lynda just to make sure my little girl is all right and stopping just before I start to punch in the number. I certainly hope she's handling this separation better than I am. I've been going through her baby pictures. Here she is at nine weeks old.


You won't hear from either of us for a few days. Don't worry. She'll be fine, I'm sure. You know how kids are. I miss her sooooo much already.

Later...

Michele, Mary-Margaret's Mom

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Michele, I know how hard it is to leave them. When I went away on a work trip I couldn't sleep at all because I missed my babies all curled up around me. You know MM is having a great time and I'm sure she will have a lot to tell you when you get back.

Have a good trip,
Kimberly (Simon & Hallie's Mom)

Lizzy said...

What? No doggies?! I bet you can't wait to get home and see Mary Margaret again. We'll miss you and Mary Margaret... be safe!

Sparky

Lacy said...

woofies MM's mama!!! it not b to long b4 u sees her smiley little face again....she prolly missin u jus as bad rite now...

b safe,
;)lacylulu

KEY WEST COLLIES said...

I know it is hard. I really enjoy having my two close. It is kind of funny how Essex comes in to check on Dad. Have a good trip and glad you survived the fires. The Collies Dad

ChloƩ said...

Hi M.M.!!! It is normal that you miss to her... little by little, but she will be nice, do not worry, I am sure!!! A very strong embrace!!!

Love,Chloe

Anonymous said...

with a n ame like mary margaret o brien you should be the cutest thing that ever lived....you are

Putz said...

with a name like mary margaret o brien you should be cute and you are...my daughter becky has a terrier hearing dog who works hard helping her with telephones, door ect...he is in school with her all day in his kennel

Sophie Brador said...

Oh Michele, If it's any consolation, I go through it every time I leave Sophie, and I've had her for 8 years. Mary-Margaret is going to have the time of her life with her Auntie. Then she'll guilt you for at least half a day when you get back. I think it's programmed into them at birth -- ike instinct or something.

Did you take a teddy bear? It might help when your missing MM at bed time. I'm not even kidding. Oh my god, I'm such a sucker for my dog. I have to go hug her this second.

Best,
Sherry,
SB's mom

Girl Girl Hamster said...

AW.. I'm sure Mary-Margaret is missing you too. You'll be back with her real soon

~ Girl girl