Thursday, November 15, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!

She sorta forgot it was today until the news came on TV, and it said "November 15, 2007". "I know that date", she said. And she thought a bit. "OHMYGAWD", she gasped. "It's my birthday!". Hey, trust me on this. I didn't forget.

I don't have a lot to offer, you know. First off, I whispered in her ear, "Grrreet urrrp?". Then I hopped onto her back and sorta massaged her shoulders, gently of course, before curling up into the small of her back. "Mmmmfffff...", she mumbled, "Where's my kisses?". I gave her plenty of those until she got out of bed. But the next thing I did was skippity-do into the bathroom and squat on my piddle pad. Oh sure, I could have gone outside like I always do but it wouldn't be "celebratory" and this way she knew it was special. For her.

I also let her have her morning bagel in peace. I sat right next to her and just watched her eat breakfast and did NOT ask for anything. Nope! Not a bit. Still, she offered a couple of dollops of cream cheese (which I LOVE!) and I very graciously accepted.

It's only 7:45AM right now and so far, she's having a great birthday. I aim to keep it that way, too!

Love, Mary-Margaret

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Brithday!! MM~be nice to your mama today :)

Love,

Kimberly, Simon & Hallie (your NY friends)

Chloé said...

Hi M.M.!!!! From Spain, say to your mom, HAPPY B´DAY or FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS!!!!!! i hope that you and your mom, have a nice day!!!!

Love,Chloe

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mary Margaret!
Happy Birthday to your Mom!
Sure I hope she had a great day celebrating with you!
Have a good night
Lorenza

Lucie said...

Please tell wish your Mom a very Happy Birthday from us in Venezuela.
Lucie

Lacy said...

woofies MM...happy late birfday to ur mama..and hmmm me luvs cake too...dont blame ya fur gettin excited...

b safe,
;)lacylulu