Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Blind as a Bat?

Poor Mom. Auntie Sonia picked her up reaaaaaally early yesterday and took her to get her eyes checked. The last time she had it done nobody told her they were going to DYE-LATE her eyes. This time she thought she better have a "designated driver", and my Auntie Sonia was sooooo nice to volunteer.

Yup...they did it again, and even though she got home about 10:00AM, she couldn't see very good until maybe noon. She was walking around bumping into things and looking a bit like a mole coming out of her hole into bright daylight. But we have to take care of our clients, you know. She drove with her eyes all squinty to have a meeting with an attorney. He was squinty too, but that's because he had the flu. Anyway, after a bit, Mom told him she was having just a wee bit of trouble seeing stuff. He laughed and told her he thought she was trying to look Oriental.

Me? Well, I just gave her moral support the whole time and checked under his desk for any "freebies" (like cookie crumbs or bits of sandwich, maybe?), and entertained myself by wrapping my leash around the chair legs several times. I made some pretty interesting knots.

About the middle of the afternoon I stopped hanging on to my St Francis of Assisi medallion and relaxed some. I don't like it at all when my mom can't see. Since I have no say in anything, I just pray a lot. You know?

Today should be pretty much ok. We have LOTS and LOTS of work to keep us busy. I wish I had thumbs so I could help Mom type her reports. On the other hand, I'm getting napping down to a science. Not a bad thing.

See you later...

Love, Mary-Margaret

No comments: