Friday, August 17, 2007

Sometimes I have lots of energy....

...and sometimes I don't. Today was a "don't" kind of day. Here's the thing! I sorta sensed Mom was pretty focused on her work. Today was Sonia's last official day, but not her last last day. She wants to semi-retire so she's sort of going "on call". That means when Mom needs help, she can call her. If she can help, she will.

Still...I could tell Mom was a little sad because Sonia is also good company to have around. Mom and her talk, and meeeeee...I do, too. Not that they understand me, but I try. So one thing Sonia wanted to do but never has time is take a long leisurely bath in her gigantic bathtub. I haven't seen it but Mom told me. We got her a bunch of stuff to make it a really spa luxurious type bath AND a yellow rubber ducky. Have to have a rubber ducky if you're having a real bath, you know. I made some friends in the bath store, and even gave a man a really big kiss on his nose. His wife kinda scowled at me when he told her. Hellooo?? I'm a dog? Not to worry?

Debbie-from-across-the-hall and Mary-Ann-from-down-the-hall both came to visit me today. We played a bit. Debbie was having a low energy day, too. Must be the weather. It's really horribly hot until the wind comes up the pass in the afternoon.

I feel like things are changing and can't put my paw on it. Mom seems unusually calm and with direction. We're awfully busy at work, but it's a good busy. So I stay out of the way and in my bed, unless I get bored. Like today....ho hum lotsa old toys. Wanted something new, so I riffled through Mom's purse (which she thoughtfully left on the floor for me). I found a yellow pen and played "keep-a-way" for a while until I got yelled at to "STOP!!", so I did. Then I got her lip gloss and fooled around with that. Not fair that I have black lips and you can't see gloss.

(sigh)

Oh well.

PS - I didn't even get riled up over that stupid cat in my front yard when I got home. I just stared at it, quietly, willing it to go away and it DID! Wahoooey!



Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Mary Margaret,
I can't believe you didn't chase the stoopid cat. Snickers went after a bunny yesterday and got a good tangle in the porch posts. Nope, no bunny.
Snickers and Sharon