Sunday, August 26, 2007

Bye Bye, Birdies!


I was trying to help clean the bird cage yesterday. Mom said "Gettoutta there, Mary-Margaret!", and she folded the trash bag over so I couldn't go sniffing. Well, you KNOW how I enjoy rooting through bird droppings? I kind of tore a little hole in the garbage bag to get at them. Mmmmmm....the aroma! Heavenly, I tell youuuuu.

Next thing I know, Mom's talking to the pet store, practically BEGGING them to take the Bird Family. She has stepped on her last sunflower seed, and vacuumed her last corn kernal. The air conditioning went out the other day. It got really hot where the birds are, and it stunk SOOOOO bad, and the seeds even sprouted under the birds' water dish, and Mom said "That's IT!". No more!

After she hung up from Matco, Roberto (who was installing our new cable and internet service) asked her if HE could have the birds, if his wife said it was ok. Mom said "Congratulations! You're a father!", and he laughed. I guess his wife said "OK", because he came back last night and took the whole Bird family, 2 cages, a box of seed, some spray stuff for Scooby's plucking habit, and some toys. (That's Roberto and me talking about installation techniques, if you want to know!).

Baby Kal has NEVER been anywhere but our house. He hatched here on the floor of his cage. Lou (the momma) has always been grumpy and mean. As they were leaving, they all clung to the side of their cage closest to me and Mom, like they were saying "Hey.....whoa.....where are we going?". We asked Roberto to please keep them together as a family and he promised. Mom started cleaning up right away, every so often hopping on one foot going "OW OW OW" from birdseed, but things are pretty different now. All the furniture is rearranged, too.

I'm officially an only child! It's sort of sad, and I miss them more than a little bit. Mom acts like she never even had a bird family.

That's it for now. Blogging has sort of dropped on our list of priorities for a while, but we'll try to keep you posted.

I LOVE YOU ALL, MY FANS....MY ADORING PUBLIC! FOREVER YOURS,

Mary-Margaret "The Drama Queen" O'Brien

No comments: