Saturday, August 11, 2007

I went to a PARTY!

Me!! Mary-Margaret O'Brien got invited to a birthday party. Oh, it was such fun. First off, it's the first time in my life (not counting the puppy mill) that I'd been with so many of my kind. There were EIGHT of us. The birthday girls - Sukoshi, Jen and Jolie. Then there were Chloe, Jasmine (Jazzy), Jinxy, and Itzi. All of us girls except for Itzi. I tell youuuuu....he was in a sniffer's heaven. His mom says his name is short for Kassanova. Er....okay?

Here's some pictures. Sorry about the angle of the shots, but it seems I'm not the only one to turn my hind side to a camera. Makes our moms sooooooo flustered. Really!!
This is me and Itzi, just getting acquainted. Itzi is a Biewers Yorkshire (you say it like "Beavers") and they're really rare. And, I might add from a feminine perspective, extraordinarily handsome. Er....but....(ahem)...not as handsome as my boyfriend, Dirk.

This is Jennelle and Jinxy. Jennelle is getting married in December. Jinxy is a "Shorkie" which means half Shih Tzu and half Yorkie. She spent a lot of time in my mom's lap. I knew Mom was teasing me when she said she was going to take Jinxy home to be my little sister. Actually, I wouldn't mind, but I think Jennelle would.





Next is Itzi again. He's a show dog even. Like a big star and he was everly so nice to me. Not uppity at all.


This is Jinxy in Sukoshi's chair. Sukoshi (pronounced Skoshie) has a chair just like her mom and dad. They can all sit and watch TV together. And Sukoshi has her own room, and a gazillion dresses, and toys and everything is in a "Hello Kitty" theme. She even has a glow in the dark "Hello Kitty" clock. Oh yes...and in the living room, she also has an iron bed with a mattress in case she gets tired.

Here's Jazzie checking out Jinxy in Sukoshi's lounge chair, and that's Sukoshi in the pink dress. She was one of the birthday girls. She was born on August 28th, 2006, so she's going to be a year old.



Sukoshi again

Jazzie, Sukoshi and me just having some girl talk. Sukoshi was telling me about the cake and ice cream were were going to have.

Sukoshi, Itzi, Me and Jolie getting some really neat treats from Corinne. Don't know what they are but "Chattie's Mom" makes them. I gotta get my mom to the get recipe. Really, I do!

Jolie, Jen and Sukoshi all waiting to dive into their birthday cake. They all have exactly the same birthday and they will all be ONE year old. I remember my party and how much fuss was made over me. I paid a lot of attention to them and waited very patiently while their moms took pictures and stuff. Me, Jazzie, Chloe and Jinxy knew that we'd get to share in the cake and ice cream (actually "Frosty Paws"). I tell YOUUUU....the one who ate the most ice cream was Jinxy. She sure knows how to have fun at a birthday party.

Here's me with some cake all by myself. Jolie shared hers with me, then I had some Frosty Paws, too.

And here's little Sukoshi having some of her Frosty Paws and cake.

About 5:30 I told my mom that I thought it was time to leave. Some of the other moms seems surprised that I can talk. Well? Doesn't everyone? Anyway, so my mom got up and got her stuff together and, as we started out the door, I got a Goodie Bag. Oh wow...it had a ball, a green squeaky elephant and a white squeaky...um....cow, I think. I was planning on playing with them all the way home from La Habra, but I conked out as soon as I hit my car seat.

It was a long day, but loads of fun. I can't WAIT to see my friends again.

Mary-Margaret "Let's Par-TAAYYY" O'Brien

6 comments:

Lucie said...

Dear Mary-Margaret: Aren't parties cool?!?!?! I love party time too!
That's why you could not come to my party yesterday at 3 pm? The private jet coming from Hollywood kept waiting for you. Girl, you've got a busy agenda. I'll keep your goody bag here.
Love,
Lucie

Unknown said...

Guess What?? Those are our friends too. We know them all from yorkietalk! And those treats are called Yorkie Yummies. ChattiesMom makes them from scratch and sends us some every month. It's called being members of the treat club!

Aren't parties the best? I'm having a birthday party in September and I would love if you could come. Love, Simon

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

OH OH OH! I want to be a member of your club. I just LOVE those treats. Thank you EVERLY so much, Simon.

Love, Mary-Margaret

Minnie Mouse said...

Lt. Chaplain Mary-Margaret O'Brien ... it is always so nice to see folks party. My Mommy doesn't know ANY other Yorkie Moms in the area, but we have little parties here so we don't feel left out. We had a "bath" party today ... yeah ... right ... like that is fun ... grrrrr, my brother liked it, but I think that it sucked. Anyway, your treats looked devine and that Itzy is kinda' a looker, ain't he? Hubba', Hubba'.

Love Colonel Minnie Mouse
Yorkie Brigae

Urban Smoothie Read said...

nice party....especially with so many silky terriers around..

Mary-Margaret O'Brien said...

Er....actually...that would be YORKSHIRE terriers. Silkies are a lot bigger than we are. My great great great Uncle Roger was a Silkie Terrier. Boy, have I heard stories about HIM. Woo hoo! He has lots of "descendents" running around. He could even climb fences. MMOB