Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Open Apology to Mary-Ann and Hormones

The other day I "erroneously" (Mom had to spell that for me) said that Mary-Ann-From-Down-The-Hall said I was fat. It wasn't her. It was Jami's dad, Fidel. So I apologize to Mary-Ann for thinking she'd ever say something like that about me.

Maybe I'm just sensitive today but ...well...I suppose I'm hormonal because I'm almost 14 in people years, so that makes me a teenager. Here's the thing: My grandma called Mom at work today to tell her how beautiful she thought Lucie was, and she was very impressed that Lucie is bi-lingual. That was really nice, I thought. But gosh, she just went on and on. Loved her top knot and ....and.....said that Lucie had beautiful hair ....and...(sniff...sniff...) it didn't fall down in her face li..li...li....like mine. (sob)

(sniffle) I was agreeing with her all the way until she mentioned my hair. Like it does NOT fall in my face if I see my stylist every four weeks, you know? And I felt like a little wallflower mud duck by the time she finished.

Mom tells me not to take it personally...that my Grandma meant well, but gosh. I can't help it if I like to chase cats, and play ball and rough it up with the big guys. I can't be in a dress for five minutes without falling into a puddle. I'm MEEEE, Mary-Margaret O'Brien, and that's just how I am. I just want to be accepted for MEEEE!! And I'm not a "silky"...I'm more like a "woolie", I think. I'm overweight, have "nappy" hair, snore like a lumberjack, limp a little sometimes because of bad knees....hmmmmmmm....anything else I should clue you all in on?

Mom says she loves me all the way up to heaven, around the moon twice and back again, even if I did get all wet in the sprinklers tonight, and track mud in the house. That's a lot of love, I think. It makes me feel a little better, anyway. And thing is, I know my Grandma really loves me a lot in her heart. Maybe she doesn't know just how sensitive I am about my hair-do. I try not to dwell on it. It's better to focus on my strong points.

Ahhh....tomorrow is another day.

Love, Mary-Margaret

3 comments:

fee said...

o, i love you too, mary-margaret, extra weight, nappy hair, lumberjack snores and all!

kisses,
fee

Anonymous said...

Gee MM... my mom and I think you are BEAUTIFUL! and you have a kind heart which makes you ever so much more beautiful.
Love, Ozzie

Minnie Mouse said...

Mary-Margaret ... you are a centimetre away from perfect. Those comments were unfounded, I tell you. Hey, these old folk humans ... my Grandfather (the human one) says the same outlandish things. Pay them NO mind girlfriend. You ARE all that and a bag of chips.

love
Minnie Mouse