Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My good friends, Ozzie & Jennifer

When I got to work this morning I sort of ambled up the ramp, sniffing here...sniffing there...just enjoying the morning. "GGGGRRRRRRRUUUFFF!" and whoops, I run smack into Ozzie, the building owner's dog....er....his mother's dog, actually. I've known Ozzie ever since he was a baby. Gosh, I even mentored him in Puppy School when he was half my size. He's a good sized coal black French Bulldog now. His disposition could improve but he's been through a lot..you know, back problems from when he was boarded someplace I won't mention where. Seventeen days in a hospital will do that to you.

I let him sniff me while I sorta hid behind Mom. His mom and my mom started chatting and you know how ladies are. Yakity yakity....and pretty soon, me 'n Ozzie were just sitting there, side by side, letting the breeze pass over us while we caught whatever smells we could. Ozzie's really a good guy. He just forgot who I was for a bit, I guess. I don't ask for much. Just a little R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Hey, that would make a good song, dontcha think?

Later on in the day, Zeus and I spent a couple of moments together, and I met a few more people here and there. One man came into our office in sort of a somber mood but I made sure he was smiling before he left.

I have to tell you that I just LOVE Jennifer everly so much. Now, if I want to go out all I have to do is tell her and she just KNOWS what I am saying. And the best part is, she doesn't rush me. Too bad she's going back to college in August. But Star's mom..well, grandma actually, but Debi is more like a Mom to Star, I think. Anyway, Debi is coming to work in the office, so that'll be a good thing. She likes me and takes me for walks, too. Maybe Star can come to work sometimes, too? Maybe?

I mean, do I have it made or what?

That's all for now. Mom's got a case of really bad stress so her tummy is bothering her. I know she tries to do a good job for her clients and if there's something they need to know, especially if it's bad news, she takes it pretty hard herself. She's really looking forward to her "vacation" in a couple of weeks. She says she needs it BAD!

Love, Mary-Margaret

PS - I'll see if I can get Mom to take more pictures. She says she's working every conscious moment and doesn't have time for pictures. I'll work on her.

No comments: