Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A "Play Date" at The Yorkie Express

This video was taken my my Aunt Connie, and that's my Uncle John and I having a conversation. I tell YOUUUU. Once my Uncle John found out that I could talk, we just couldn't stop yakking. I'm a bit shy at first, but after an hour or so I'm just one of the crowd.


Me and Mom went to see my very good friends Rhett, Scarlett and Hashimoto (aka the Jersey Furballs) when their mom and dad, Connie and John, pulled into Mira Loma. They are cross-country truckers and have the most exciting life, going here and there and everywhere, and their pups go, too. They've got a really awesome truck with everything you could ever want inside, including a shower and a fridge and a microwave and a computer and a big screen TV and....oh gosh. I seriously thought about changing careers.

Uncle John was offering refreshments and asked if I liked Mountain Dew. Not wanting to be impolite or anything, I said "Sure....Thanks!". Aunt Connie and Mom were taking pictures (like moms do), and Aunt Connie understands me so well she even tell you what I'm thinking. Double-click the photos to make them bigger if you want to see detail:


This won't work...my tongue is to short!!!!


Now you are talkin'......!


How can you drink that stuff......yuck!!!!


Er...you got anything else? How bout more of those good treats....they are low cal ya know..!!!



We had the best time, just hanging out and visiting. I probably would have stayed a bit longer if I didn't have to answer a nature call. After giving them fair warning with little samples of what was to come, Mom wrinkled her nose and suggested that perhaps it was time for us to go. And they just thought I was heavy....indeed!

There's an excellent strip of grass next to where they parked the truck. I was everly so happy to have it tickle my bum. I ran and ran, and my Aunt Connie was on the other end of my leash. She was soooo surprised at how strong I am. Yup. Lifting weights pays off, even if it's just the weight around my belly. That counts, doesn't it? Well, apparently not to "some" people. My Aunt Connie sent me home with some of their kids' vegetarian holistic kibble. I hate to admit it, but it was pretty good.

We went back to the office, I conked out on the floor before I even got to my bed, and spent the next two hours snoring (so I'm told). A fun day, I must say. And I'd love to see them all again. They invited me to go with them, probably just to be polite, and I almost said yes. Almost........!

Can't you just see me in my shocking pink truck with "Mary-Margaret, Road Warrior" painted on the side? Man......that would be fun, huh?

Love, Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh you sure can speak very well Mary-Margaret. :)

~ Girl girl