Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

Independence Day! A day for showing my individuality and creativeness. I decided to go on an expedition this morning. It's so BEE-YOO-TEE-FULL outside with sunshine, puffy white clouds, and green grass that's long enough to tickle my buttsky because the gardener took the day off (which is just fine with me). About our gardener, Adan - he takes really good care of our yard, and after they're all done mowing and trimming, one of his "peeps" gets out a big blower and all the neat stuff disappears.
Today, I found "neat stuff" that they didn't get a chance to blow away:

True beauty is in the eye of the creator (or beholder, depending on which one you are).


Mom was watching "Alice Paul" on TV, about the women's suffrage movement back maybe 100 years ago when I dropped this in her lap. "OHMYGOD!", she hollers. "WHAT is THAT?", she screams. "YUCK YUCK YUCKY", she squeals. Could it be my mom has no appreciation for art?


She ran into the kitchen and grabbed a paper towel, and very carefully picked up my "sculpture", folded over the edges of the paper towel, and then she dropped it in the trash. I guess she could tell by my face that I was really hurt and disappointed.

Later, after her movie was over (The 19th Amendment to the Constitution allowing women to vote passed on August 26, 1920, by the way) she went and got her camera. She told me she was very sorry that she over-reacted and then she studied my design. "It wasn't all that easy to keep it together, you know!", I said. "It's spider webs, leaves, twigs, grass, bugs...dead ones, of course, not live ones....and...hmmmm....."stuff".

We made up and everything is just fine. She thinks I'm very talented. I hope you enjoy my creation as much as she did. Here it is again, in case you missed it first time.




Love, Mary-Margaret

3 comments:

Lacy said...

w00f's MM, hope u has a pawsome 4th, dont eat to much...well, wonder y the hoomans dont appreciate our findings sumtimes...they shood put it on the fridge like they always do the hooman kids stuff, dontcha think??

b safe,
~rocky~

Patricia Burke Johnson said...

Mary-Margaret, you show great creativity and talent with your artistically arranged "found" art. I haven't yet been able to put anything together except -- well, let's just say both our moms would call it yucky.
Admiringly,
Sausha

Lizzy said...

Mary-Margaret!

Your work of art is wonderful! You are a truly talented pup.

Happy 4th of July! I hope you have a grrrrEAT weekend!

Sparky