Monday, July 21, 2008

The "Duck Bank"

Today, we went first to the "Duck Bank". I don't know exactly what it's really called, but Gina has a baggie of "duck jerky" in her drawer and everybody KNOWS it's what I like. Gina wasn't there yet this morning so Aida had to find it for me. Oh yum. You don't know what heaven is until you've tasted duck jerky. This afternoon, Gina was there and she handed Debbie a piece to give to me. I said "Hello" to all my friends, and even stood up tall to wave to Marilyn who was working the last window.

After the morning run to the Duck Bank, we went to the Kangaroo Bank and I got biscuits. I said "Hello" to Katie, who was training a new teller at drive-up. It's nice to get biscuits, but honestly I don't much care for them. I'm spoiled, Mom says.

We served a paper at the UPS store. I'm getting to know them pretty well. No goodies, but I'm working on it. Then we went to the office and worked. Mom's started talking to me lately, as if I know what she's saying. She's even asking me questions about her work. I wonder what she'd do if I answered? Mostly, I just do my job quietly. I make people relax and feel at home. They talk to me, too. I'm used to it, you know?

I'm really glad we're going on vacation. I think we both need a break. Time for me to hang out with the chipmunks and the squirrels....the REAL ones.

Love,

Mary-Margaret

No comments: