Sunday, July 13, 2008

Only SOOO many hours in a day!

Oh, I know. Mom's been griping about "There are ONLY so many hours in a day!" to me. Like...yeah? I know? And your point is....? Well, she did take a few pictures, nothing strange. She hasn't gotten the car washed since the last time you saw it, and boy...does it NEED washing.




I'm even having trouble getting her to come watch TV with me. Last week we started to watch "The Great American Dog" (or something like that) but after about 10 minutes, she thought we'd be happier staring at a wall or something. Then, one of the shows I've been waiting for came on - "When Good Pets Go Bad". And you know what? She switched it to another channel when she saw what some of those "pets" did, like bite their humans face off and stuff. I mean, I know that's not nice, but ....well, what can I say? I'm a victim of censorship. Time to rouse the villagers and light the torches, I say. March on congress? I could hitch a ride with Hashi on "Big Nose Kate III", maybe?

Business is booming, a good thing, probably. I go out on a lots of serves with her, but I think it's because more people open the door for a Yorkie than for a process server. I always smile and say "Hello...I'm Mary-Margaret. How may I serve you?", but by the time I get the last word out the job is over and Mom's on her way back to the car. Most people are pretty nice. Even when they're being evicted.

I tell youuuuuuu....process servers are people you smile at and say "Thank you!" to. Better you should know that you're being sued so you can present a defense, than to not know and find out after the sheriff posts a lock-out notice, or your bank account gets frozen.

We never made it to the feed store, either. Was in the wrong direction from our house. Maybe we'll go today, but I hope not. As tasty as those holistic vegetarian kibbles were, there's nothing like Eagle Pack holistic chicken kibble. Today, Mom is soaking her white undies in OxyClean. She heard that it takes the grayness out. If it works well, she'll take it up to Grandpa's and work on his "dainty unmentionables". And she's doing our laundry. Did I tell you we picked up my dry cleaning last week, and they did a really good job on my vest. Yup. They only charged $1.00 because they didn't quite know what to call it. I guess they've never done doggie duds before. We would have washed it, but didn't want the red to bleed into the yellow embroidery.


That's it for now. We'll keep you up to date. Meanwhile, I'm having everly so much fun in the grass. Our gardener didn't show up last Friday (the 4th?), so there's all kinds of nifty pleasures out here.

Cheerfully yours,

Mary-Margaret

1 comment:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Mary-Margaret!
My mom was sad because she could not watch those tv programs. But reading your post about them... maybe she will fell better.
Oxyclean works!
Sure you love to work with your mom!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza